At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Wells Fargo Enterprise Core Services Technology is seeking an ETL (Preferably Informatica) and Teradata developer for WADR (Wholesale Analytical Data Repository) team. WADR team is building an active data warehouse system sourcing bank’s wholesale data from diverse platforms and bringing into an Oracle database platform. This team uses Oracle as main database technology and Informatica as its primary ETL tool.
As a member of the Wholesale Analytical Data Repository Team you will play an important role in the ongoing development and support of the application. The member will be working on design and development ETL applications for various data sourcing; the focus of this role will be to utilize advanced data tools and techniques to build efficient ETL applications for the platform
- Acts as ETL developer in application development and support processes inside the WADR platform.
- Candidate will work closely with application lead to understand business requirements, write functional design specs and participate in efficient development delivery and deployment
- Evaluate system designs for efficiency with focus on performance. Verifies program logic by preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs
- Develops documentation as per compliance and support needs
- Participates as needed in compliance, risk and regulatory processes within Wells Fargo
- Interact / Colloorate closely with teammates, DBAs, and interface partners as well as ensuring quality throughout the development lifecycle
Additional responsibilities include
- Coordinating with offshore development teams
- Support ad-hoc report requests for reporting analysis and data issue investigation
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 7+ years of data warehouse experience
- 7+ years of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Programming experience
- 5+ years of experience with databases such as Oracle, DB2, SQL server, or Teradata
- 4+ years of experience leading the requirement design process with both technical and business partners
- 3+ years of UNIX experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 3+ years of business intelligence experience
- 1+ year of commercial banking experience
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- Knowledge and understanding of uDeploy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to identify and manage complex issues and negotiate solutions within a geographically dispersed organization
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- 3+ years of direct experience in designing, implementing and supporting applications using Oracle (Hands on experience in writing complex SQL queries involving aggregation, query tuning, Oracle performance tuning)
- Experience in using ETL tools like Informatica
- Clear understanding of Oracle architecture
- Clear understanding of RDBMS, BI and dimensional modeling concepts
- Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job opening
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.