We are looking for a customer-centric, passionate, and creative experience and design expert who will lead the development of best-in-class, end-to-end experiences focused on supporting and inspiring our consumers and providers. This role will require both strategic thinking and execution, and will take our service experiences to a new level of excellence. In this role, you’ll lead efforts to translate insights to tangible designs and experience enhancements, and work cross-functionally with business owners, technology, and customer service to design and deliver best in class omni-channel provider and consumer experiences.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Utilize human-centered design, customer experience, or experience design processes and methodologies to translate consumer needs and expectations into viable and feasible solutions and service opportunities
- Synthesize consumer research into proprietary insight that is aligned to our value proposition and can provide competitive advantage for the business
- Develop strategies, concept designs, user stories, user personas, journey maps and other artifacts to inform end-to-end experience design and development
- Develop methodologies to objectively measure success for our consumers and business, and perform cost benefit analysis for recommended improvements and new service offerings
- Support operational readiness and execution oversight by closely partnering with business, technology and service teams to develop and implement solutions
- Work with and provide mentorship to other Designers to create and refine best practices and approaches across the design function
- Function as a subject matter expert across the consumer and constituent experience channels, providing end-to-end expertise and knowledge
<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
Bachelor’s degree required
4+ years of relevant and related work experience in consumer experience, experience design or related role
Previous experience conducting consumer research, and translating insights into strategic roadmaps
Previous experience developing business cases, performing cost benefit analysis, and building executive support for consumer experience enhancements
Previous experience creating business requirements, journey maps, concept designs, wireframes, and process documentation or equivalent
Human-Centered Design, Design Thinking, Service Design or other design education or experience
Previous experience working in healthcare
Ability to provide strong leadership in dynamic, and ambiguous environments, and to work effectively in a matrix organization
Proven ability to manage complex projects, manage and prioritize multiple deliverables, and deliver results in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.