- Support the Optum Capital Accounting standardization process
- Work closely with Optum Capital Managers, Optum Segment Accounting and UHG Accounting associates to reconcile Optum’s Total Capital (including CapEx) actuals on a monthly basis, and research variances
- Identify inconsistencies in general ledger information related to capital programs (i.e., labor invoices, asset purchases, etc.), and work with Optum Capital Managers and UHG Accounting to correct
- Develop and maintain capital/financial reports to clearly communicate actual results, forecasted performance; and variances to plan, forecast and budget
- Complete OptumCare’s month-end capital accounting and reporting
- Produce monthly and ad hoc reports capital reports, variance analyses, etc.
- Participate on special projects
- 2+ years of experience in finance or accounting
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting
- Intermediate Excel, and other MS Office products (Word, PowerPoint)
- Proven technical experience in accounting and financial analysis practices and principles
- Ability to develop new and improve existing procedures, policies and ensure compliance with approved standards
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact and develop effective working relationships across organizational lines
- Detail oriented; strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as a team member
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase and PeopleSoft Financials
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: month end close, accounting, financial analysis, capital planning, finance, Capital Expenses, FP&A, financial planning and analyst