External Job PostingPOSITION SUMMARY:
Hands-on Art Director who leads the concept and design of all In-Store visual and special project requests. Responsible for designing, communicating and managing the visual/brand strategy throughout Shopko Stores; enhancing the customer experience and ensuring compelling in-store presentation. Collaborate with both internal and external partners to create visual solutions that will enhance product presentation and bolster sales. Manage the creative process through all stages of production and develop impactful advertising that is aspirational and on brand. Able to direct and oversee photo shoots. Collaborate with internal partners to develop and implement the creative look and voice for each season.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Visual Design & Merchandising
- Create and develops strategy for graphics, signing, seasonal, event and promotional in-store visual elements that are on brand.
- Create store signing solutions that add drama and excitement through color, typography and photography.
- Builds partnerships with merchandising, advertising, trend and store operations teams to optimize communication and merchandise presentation process.
- Develop design strategies that are integrated with company goals and priorities, on brand, and are within budget and on time.
- Collaborates with internal partners to develop and implement the creative look and voice for all seasonal design.
- Follow visual merchandising and special project processes and schedules to ensure timely, cost-efficient production and in-store execution.
- Presents several design concepts to Manager of Creative Services and VP Advertising to gain approval. Develops presentation boards for design options and presents to internal business partners and senior management for approval.
- Shares final graphics with cross functional partners, so multi-channel design/conceptual ideas are synergistic with seasonal advertising concepts and support merchant initiatives.
- 4 yr. degree in Graphic Communications/Graphic Design or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years graphic design /advertising design, and photo art direction experience
- 2+ year creative management or demonstrated leadership skills with focus in Visual Presentation
- Detailed knowledge of Graphics Programs: InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop
- Understanding of 4 color print production processes
- Strong graphic design/layout/typography skills
- Attention to detail, while also considering the big picture
- Strong project management skills and strength in managing multiple projects/deadline.
- Able to deliver high quality work consistently and on time
- Excellent communication skills
We provide general merchandise, Pharmacy, and Optical services in our store formats of Shopko, Shopko Hometown, and Shopko Express.
At Shopko, we understand what matters to our customers. Our stores are designed to be simple, clean, and welcoming, not overwhelming. We offer the essentials our customers need and the brands they trust at a fair price. Shopko, the Stuff that counts.
Shopko offers a professional team-oriented work environment, career advancement opportunities, competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefits package! If you are accessing this posting from another website, please submit an application at www.shopko.com/careers.
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan m/f/d/v.