UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are seeking an experienced health care data warehousing professional to join our team. This person will have 10-15 years of Medicaid or health care experience and also have at least 15 years of experience in health care data warehousing.
- Work closely with customers to gather business requirements and translate requirements clearly into accurate specifications for the configuration of large data warehouse systems
- Manage a team of 5-10 business intelligence and quality assurance professionals
- Manage projects and budgets including the use of MS Project
- Use and supervise the use of Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools such as DevSuite to develop traceability of requirements and test cases
- Research MMIS managed care and fee for service policy to ensure system specifications are accurate to policy.
- Review deliverables and enforce the approval process of deliverables to ensure that quality assurance processes are strictly followed
- Participate in system integration and user acceptance testing to ensure that our products meet customer requirements.
- 10+ years of Medicaid or Health Plan Experience
- 15+ years of experience working in a health care data warehousing environment
- 10+ years of business Intelligence experience with at least one of the following tools: Tableau, Cognos, Business Objects, MS Analysis Services, Hyperion, Oracle, Tableau
- Knowledge of Federal and State healthcare programs (i.e., Medicaid, CHIP) and related eligibility/enrollment principles, and claims data
- Experience contributing to and managing the planning and execution activities for the following SDLC phases:
- Systems analysis and requirements definition
- Systems design
- System Testing
- User Acceptance Testing
- Maintenance and operation support
- Strong knowledge of SQL including analytic functions
- Strong knowledge of system and regression testing including creation and execution of test cases
- Experience with data analysis techniques, data modeling and data management tools (e.g., MS Excel, SQL language, relational databases)
- Must reside within commutable distance of Richmond, VA or be willing to travel, in order to be onsite 90% of the time.
- Understanding of relational & dimensional modeling
- Understanding of HIPAA privacy & security rules
- Knowledge of Medicaid payment policy and MMIS data
- Knowledge of Agile and waterfall development techniques
- Proven ability to work with customers, DBAs, ETL programmers, Business intelligence architects, and PMO staff in a collaborative manner.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to business users in a clear and concise manner.
- Thorough understanding ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT-4, NDC and other medical coding standards
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Govtconsulting