The Senior Healthcare Economics Consultant supports and validates Provider Network Physician FFS contracting and unit cost management activities through financial and network pricing modeling, analysis, and reporting. The Consultant conducts unit cost and contract valuation analysis in support of network contracting negotiations and unit cost management strategies. Responsibilities also include managing unit cost budgets, target setting, performance reporting, and associated financial models.
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively develop solutions to meet them
- Serve as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues
- Solve complex problems and develop innovative solutions
- Perform complex conceptual analyses
- Review work performed by others and provide recommendations for improvement
- Forecast and plan resource requirements
- Authorize deviations from standards
- May lead functional or segment teams or projects
- Provide explanations and information to others on the most complex issues.
- Motivate and inspire other team members
- Create/enhance financial tools to improve efficiency and reporting accuracy
- Support new network expansions
- Undergraduate Degree
- SAS knowledge
- 5+ years of analytical experience in financial analysis, healthcare pricing, network management, healthcare economics, or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience with provider payment methodologies and/or healthcare products
- At least an intermediate level of proficiency in performing financial impact analysis, risk management, and data manipulation
- 5+ years of experience in creating and using financial modeling tools, spreadsheets, and information acquisition tools including experience in interpreting and reviewing financial modeling results to evaluate the financial impact of contract changes and develop forecasts
- Expert level proficiency in MS Excel
- Access knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- SQL knowledge
- Master’s degree
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.