Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage and lead new Health Plan (all sizes) implementations. Can include multiple clients and/or multiple lines of business within the health Plan - Commercial, Medicaid, Medicare, and Exchange business
- Develop detailed work plans, schedule estimates, resource plans, status reports, and implementation priorities
- Direct and coordinate the teams of operations, business, product and technical contributors to ensure the on-time, within budget, successful delivery of properly scoped high quality project requirements
- Ensure factual, timely, and quality implementation tracking, analysis, reporting and communication strategies are utilized using established policies & procedures
- Proactively manage client expectations & performance guarantee commitments by partnering with all internal & external project stakeholders. Support the Sales process with client RFP responses, pre finalist support, and represent Optum Rx Implementations at finalist meetings
- Serve as Lead communicator for overall project status, with regard to issues, risk, & mitigation strategies for clients, OptumRx, & Optum IT. Provide OptumRx readiness reporting & Optum Elevate readiness reporting
- Ensure Service Now work flow tool updates are timely and meet QA standards to ensure 100% accuracy per timeline for each implementation. Manage internal team updates to the client SN implementation case to ensure completeness
- Provide technical, business, analytical, and strategic guidance to entire ORX implementation team. Attend all IT development meetings to ensure contractual obligations are met and meet regularly with IT lead on progress and obstacles to deploy
- Review deliverables and ensure adherence to quality standards, implementations and team performance measurements
- Obtain sign-offs on all deliverables from key internal & external project stakeholders. Make timely and appropriate decisions to ensure implementations are on track for successful service and go live readiness
- Recommend and take necessary actions to direct the analysis and solutions of problems; escalate when needed. Ensure developed solutions match Client requirements
- Partner with Account Management for HP handoff & ensure all implementation items are tracked, documented and closed, in agreement with Account Management
- Lead cross-functional quality initiatives centered on improving the implementation process, & post go live lessons to learn reviews with clients, Sales, & ORX leaders
- Travel as required (25%-35%)
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience)
- Degree (or equivalent experience) in Business or other related subject matter.
- 3+ years’ experience in the PBM, health care, pharmacy industry
- Health Plan implementations and/or account management
- Proven track record in implementing large, complex Health Plan clients.
- Independent contributor with the ability to multi-task, work with ORX leaders and ensure client satisfaction.
- Expertise in supporting large health plans from a benefits, implementation, or account management perspective.
- 25% travel
- Must be willing to work through year-end holiday season (Christmas week/NYE/New Year’s Day) as necessary to address client go-live issues and support cross-functional teams
- Preferred qualifications
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- 2+years’ experience managing projects
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.