PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Senior Internal Auditor assists the Financial Controls Audit Manager in planning and executing the annual Sarbanes-Oxley audit plan, including but not limited to the evaluation, testing, analysis, and conclusion over the design and effectiveness of the Company's internal controls over financial reporting. This position will also be responsible for working closely with process owners to assess and evaluate action plans for control deficiencies and to ensure deficiencies are satisfactorily remediated in a timely manner. The Senior Internal Auditor will also participate in company audits and/or operational audits that are focused on evaluating business processes and making process improvement recommendations.
(Top 5 should cover 80% of the important job functions)
- Assist the Financial Controls Audit Manager in the planning and execution of the annual SOX audit plan.
- Assist with the annual SOX risk assessment and scoping of key business processes and related controls.
- Assist management in updating current process documentation and actively partner with management to ensure effective controls are in place to address key business and financial reporting risk.
- Develop comprehensive risk-based internal audit programs, plan audits and execute fieldwork.
- Prepare work papers documenting procedures performed and that fully support audit findings.
- Ensure audit conclusions are based upon a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk to the organization.
- Recommend improvements that are relevant, practical, and effectively address and corrects areas of control concern and communicate findings to process owners.
- Assist in the preparation of Internal Audit reports which include formal recommendations to management for review and implementation.
- Track and follow up on audit findings.
- Perform walkthrough and testing procedures on SOX financial controls and document testing results. Communicate findings to the process owners and management. Perform audit follow-ups to ensure the remediation/implementation of recommendations has been completed.
- Establish effective and positive working relationships with process owners at various levels. Identify and understand process changes and the company initiatives that are relevant to SOX compliance.
- Provide consultation and advice to management on best practices for improving performance and/or maintaining compliance.
- Provide on-the-job training, supervision, and feedback for staff auditor(s), guest auditor(s), and/or interns. Offer assistance and act as a resource/mentor to Internal Auditors when needed.
(other important duties/responsibilities)
- Participate in special reviews, restaurant audits, franchise audits, and operational audits when needed.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of changes to relevant guidance (e.g., Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and PCAOB Audit Standards, GAAP).
- Use self-study and continuing education to remain current and increase knowledge in the areas of accounting, and internal audit assessments, methodologies, and frameworks (COSO, IPPF).
- Perform other job responsibilities and duties as assigned by departmental leadership personnel.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of meaningful experience in internal auditing of which at least 2 years include Sarbanes-Oxley experiences.
- Solid understanding of internal auditing, GAAP, PCAOB standards, and Sarbanes Oxley, and the COSO Framework.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to challenge; ability to rapidly assimilate knowledge of processes and systems.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to independently complete and manage multiple assignments with varying deadlines. Must be a self-starter.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong problem solving skills
- Possesses strong intellectual curiosity and business acumen.
- Ability to prepare and articulate objective, defensible, fact-based information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to work additional hours as needed and to travel up to 15% as required.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, OR ABILITIES:
- CPA or CIA certification is highly desirable.
- Big 4/public accounting experience.
- Understanding of IT audit processes.
- Food service industry experience.
- Working knowledge of WDesk SOX platform.
- Experience using the Oracle ERP financial system.
- Data analytics experience.