Bring us your experience, your head for strategy, your strength with relationships and your eye for opportunity. In return we offer an unmatched place to grow and develop your career among a richly diverse group of businesses driven by the power and stability of a leading health care organization. Come help us heal and strengthen the health care system as you do your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior International Legal Services Specialist is part of a team responsible for all aspects of international subsidiary corporate governance and other related matters for UnitedHealth Group. This position requires communication with attorneys, outside counsel, executives and board members for affiliated companies both within the US and internationally. Due to the nature of the interactions, the ideal candidate must have the ability to build and foster positive relationships. Knowledge and experience dealing with foreign jurisdictions a plus, including background in detailed / complex transactions involving foreign entities.Primary Responsibilities:
- Assistance with board and shareholder meetings, including preparing agendas, resolutions and minutes and attending meetings
- Preparing board and shareholder resolutions and written actions that include elections, resignations, appointment of auditors and approval of financial statements.
- Maintaining corporate record / minute books, including electronic corporate records and stock records
- Preparing execution documents that include notarization and foreign legalization
- Collaborating with internal business units (e.g., tax, finance etc.), board members and international advisors as appropriate to facilitate and support restructuring transactions and the formation, merger and dissolution of entities
- Facilitating and drafting documents relating to transactions that include capital infusions, additional share increases, transfers of ownership, and corporate entity name changes
- Coordination with UHG’s treasury team with respect to opening and maintaining international bank accounts
- Managing due diligence and know your customer requests from corporate secretarial firms, international counsel and other third-party service providers.
- Research relevant international procedures and corporate governance requirements
- Identify and assess issues and provide recommendations consistent with good business practices
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- 3 or more years of experience as a corporate paralegal or equivalent experience
- Intermediate level or better Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience in legal and internet research
- Paralegal degree
- 5 or more years of overall professional experience
*No international travel is required for this position*
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 6 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr. International Legal Services Specialist, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota