The primary role of the Inventory Analyst is to maintain agreed upon superior in stock position of finished goods inventory throughout the Safelite Group distribution network. Through analyzing forecast error rates, the Inventory Analyst will make decisions to adjust forecasts and stocking levels, expedite orders or buy from alternate sources to avoid potential stock-outs. Additionally, the Inventory Analyst will place replenishment orders with suppliers and maintain accurate open order files. The position is required to evaluate supplier performance, taking action for improvement and ultimately making necessary recommendations for changes to management. Time will also be spent performing detailed analysis to drive continuous improvement initiatives.
Find a career. Gain a family.
Safelite will be unlike any place you've ever worked. (This won't be just the daily grind!) You'll join caring and passionate teams that collaborate to make a difference, deliver extraordinary results and bring unexpected happiness. Every day. Your effort, heart and creative ideas will be valued and rewarded. And we care about your well-being. So, we'll strive to give you what you need to be happy at work and at home.
- Analyze forecast error rates to improve accuracy
- Make adjustments to forecasts and stock levels at Distribution Centers and warehouses
- Collaborate with suppliers by sharing forecasts, new part requirements, improving performance and strengthening relationships
- Interact with Distribution Center staff on receiving priorities, order discrepancies and quality issues
- Create purchase orders for finished goods inventory with established suppliers
- Maintain accurate open order file to determine second source opportunities and when to expedite
- Track KPIs on supplier performance and publish monthly scorecards
- Create change requests to recommend part reassignment due to supplier performance
- Maintain critical data in part master file
- Perform quarterly part re-classification
- Reduce excess inventory
- Make recommendations to return or write off slow-moving/obsolete inventory
- Create and publish exception management reports, and take actions to improve deficiencies
- Create and achieve functional and personal objectives to improve overall performance
- Special project management
- 3-5 years of relevant experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required.
- Superior analytical skills are required.
- Strong verbal and writeen communication skills are preferred.
- APICS/CPIM certification is preferred.
- Inventory Management experience is required.
- Oracle experience is preferred.
We're known as an auto glass company. That's the focus of what we do. But we're much more -- we're a growing and evolving service brand. And what really makes us unique is our people. Because at our core, we're a People Powered organization -- and our people come first and our culture matters. We'll help you find a fulfilling career path and encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever work.