UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Individual will be accountable for database administration, design, build and tune mission critical Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server environments as a team member of Database Services team providing technical solutions for Optum Technology.
If you are an internal candidate, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Implementation, Configuration of Oracle database
- Installation, administration and configuration of SQL 2016/2014 and other supported lower version of Microsoft SQL Servers
- Implement HA solution and define Backup/Recovery strategy
- Define technical infrastructure environment using Oracle
- Define and document standards and guidelines
- Automate repeatable tasks
- Design, implement and maintain all functions of database systems, including access, methods and time, device allocations, validation checks, organization, security, documentation and statistical methodology.
- Assist in design, test, implementation, maintenance and control of physical and relational databases.
- Consult with users; determine requirements and recommends database establishment and utilization.
- Assists in development of systems and procedures affecting database management, design and maintenance
- Establish and maintain databases for user testing and production with direction
- Evaluate, test and produce recommendations for the selection, user and deployment of DBMS software, data management tools and utilities, data warehouse and replication tools.
- Support problem resolution; consult and advise in application design and tuning; plan, organize and execute product benchmarks for threshold and functionality
- Provide data administration support of the development and maintenance of production and non-production database environments for distributed applications
- Participate in product evaluations, design review session, data requirement meetings and consulting with application development products
- Performance and Tuning
- Production support
- Review ongoing and proposed projects to identify opportunities for reuse and process improvement
- Review project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established project standards
- Document and communicate the status of progress against plans, taking corrective action as necessary
- Identify, clarify, and resolve project activity issues and risks, escalating them as needed
- Review technical documentation to verify compliance with client requirements and established architectural standards and guidelines
- Participate in 24x7 oncall support
- Experience on automation and PowerShell scripting to build infrastructure for automation
- Experiences on BI, Data ware housing architecture and implementations
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related computer discipline
- 7+ years of strong Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server database administration experience
- 5+ years of production support experience
- 5+ years of xperience with relational databases, database structures and design, systems design, data management, data warehouse
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate, and manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Location desired Eden Prairie, MN (or for existing internal telecommuters we will consider remote locations or other offices)
- SQL, Oracle and MySQL experience
- Power shell experience
- Professional experience in the health care industry
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.