BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
This position is responsible for complex planning, discovery, design, construction, testing, implementation and operations/support of Intel based Systems. Technologies including, but not limited to Azure, AWS, Active Directory, ADFS, SSO, vSphere, Office 365, Windows\Linux OS, SCCM, Storage, Backup, Centrify, Monitoring (SCOM-Tivoli), Citrix, AIX, and various business applications. Design, test, implement and upgrade software and hardware solutions. Develop and maintain application support documentation. Assist in developing, testing, documenting, and implementing system failure and recovery procedures. Perform troubleshooting analysis of servers, workstations and associated systems. Monitor system performance and implement performance tuning. Evaluate and recommend new technologies, ensure and maintain systems compliance to stated policies. Provide on-call support on a rotating basis. Take ownership of outstanding issues and establish a high level of credibility with others in the organization. Provide vision and direction to improve process reliability, performance and service level agreements.
- Candidates must have 8+ years of system administration experience with demonstrated enterprise level technical knowledge and expertise in: Linux (Redhat 6 & 7), Puppet, AWS, VMWare, Windows OS, and Active Directory
- Expected general knowledge in overall cloud technologies, Networking, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and Scripting.
- Additional knowledge in: Cisco UCS Blades, Disaster Recovery, Storage platforms
- EMC VNX and Pure, Sharepoint, Office 365, SCCM, Citrix, Azure, and
- Commvault a big plus.
- Must be able to create documents, spreadsheets, project plans, and detailed
- drawings leveraging MS Office Suite, Visio, and other various tools.
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills are required plus the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction. A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering is preferred. Equivalent work experience in Computer Science or related field will be considered.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.