BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
BJ’s Wholesale Club is seeking a bright, results-driven Senior Java Developer for their Membership and Marketing Solutions team. This individual will participate in the design and development of BJ’s Customer Relationship Management application, cloud-based and on-premises web services, and Campaign Management, Digital Asset Management, and Marketing Automation platforms. The strategic enhancements on these applications will help drive sales and membership fee income and improve customer experience. Focusing on the core platforms and services, the Senior Java Developer will grow to have architectural and development ownership over significant components of our current platform and play a key role in choosing and developing our future applications.
- Be a strong technical resource for the Marketing and Membership development team developing custom Java applications and services.
- Apply the technical and analytical skills of a senior engineer to lead design, development, and rollout of new capabilities for BJ’s marketing applications.
- Create technical specification documents for new functionality and ensure that new solutions integrate seamlessly with existing technologies in compliance with BJ’s standards and strategy.
- Work closely with various BJ’s Application Development, Middleware, BI, and Operations and Infrastructure teams as well as offshore partners to coordinate, lead, and implement solutions according to established requirements and technical standards.
- Actively participate in requirements, architecture, and design meetings.
- Serve as technical lead on small to medium size projects.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with Java based web application development
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related field (foreign equivalent accepted)
- Experience with cloud technologies such as RDS, API Gateways, Lambda, and Dynamo.
- Strong systems analysis and design skills and demonstrated ability in successfully leading the deployment of enterprise-scale applications
- Ability to think creatively and communicate effectively, verbally and written
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of SDLC and Agile methodology
- Customer service orientation with strong organizational and time-management skills
- Work well in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task
- Experience with Marketing applications such as CRM, Campaign Management, and Marketing Automation and Personalization
- AWS certification would be a plus
- Retail and/or software engineering industry experience
- Project management experience and experience with PCI/Security/Compliance audits
- Knowledge of Adobe, Epsilon, and/or IBM marketing platforms
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.