BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
A Senior JDA Business Systems Specialist will have in depth knowledge of end-to-end supply chain processes and best practices, application of JDA technology including Demand and Fulfill modules, risk and project management, information technology sustainability, general marketing knowledge, general learning and development techniques, cross-enterprise and business strategy knowledge. A Senior Specialist will demonstrate leadership, adaptability and accountability – lead by example, seek and incorporate input from others, and manage stakeholders’ needs and expectations.
- Act as a subject matter expert with a full understanding of the area of specialization (JDA Demand/ Fulfill). Performs gap analysis and cost benefit analysis where indicated.
- Proactively facilitate and re-engineer supply chain best practices, technology application, and business solutions through consensus building among the operating unit functional experts.
- Add value to the senior management team by being an individual that can approach business challenges from a macro perspective and resolve strategic issues effectively leveraging JDA functional expertise.
- Recommend and analyze potential improvements in supply chain processes leveraging existing and future JDA tools
- Perform complex analysis of information, problems, and/or data under limited supervision. Develop recommendations to management based on the capacity to draw valid conclusions.
- Identify the root causes of issues such as out-of-stocks and aged inventory by identifying discrepancies through the collection and analysis of data and provides recommended solutions
- Communicates risks to leadership with proposed plans for mitigation. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Develop analytics, systems and data management capabilities, including metrics and reports.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, and stakeholders.
- Translate the results of an analysis into easily understood presentation quality materials
- Be self-directed, making decisions on priorities and order of tasks. Make adjustments for frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
- Assists in the professional development of less experienced Supply Chain Analysts by providing on-going coaching and feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or Information Management) and/or demonstrates capability to perform job responsibilities through previous experience
- 4-6 years of retail experience preferred
- 2-4 years Supply Chain Management experience is preferred
- JDA Demand and/or Fulfill experience required
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite; advanced Excel skills, SQL skills required
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- High degree of integrity, humility and professionalism
- Customer focused and respectful of others
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel, via email, in person and in small group settings
- Good understanding of business process and relevant supply chain relationships that exist within the retail industry
- Must be able to pay close attention to complex detail and understand written and oral instructions
- Ability to work autonomously – creating and tracking progress in an ambiguous fast paced environment
- Outstanding planning, organizational, time management, and follow-up skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible night and weekend, when necessary
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, team environment
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.