DescriptionThe Senior Learning Design Professional uses instructional design, cognitive psychology and adult learning theory to determine the appropriate solution to a knowledge or performance gap. The Senior Learning Design Professional work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
Humana is seeking an experienced Instructional Design Learning Professional who will be responsible for the following:
- Design and develop learning solutions for both new hire and existing associates to support role-based organizational needs.
- Conduct needs analyses and use findings to develop learning solutions targeted to meet specific audience needs.
- Use a disciplined instructional design approach to create meaningful, memorable learning experiences.
- Select appropriate learning activities and methods to achieve objectives, and build those activities into a meaningful sequence.
- Selects appropriate media for delivery (instructor-led training, e-learning, virtual, blended learning, etc.) to ensure learning needs are effectively and efficiently met.
- Create high quality solutions that are creative, engaging, instructionally sound, complete, and accurately convey learning concepts.
- Identify and validate content to be used in learning materials based on input from Operational business partners, such as subject matter experts or key performers.
- Evaluate the success of learning solutions in terms of learning outcomes in collaboration with Operational metrics, performance change and business impact; identify trends and patterns in data.
- Prepare facilitator support materials (i.e. power point slides, leader/facilitator guides, learning activities, evaluation tools, etc.) and conduct “train-the-trainer” sessions to ensure effective delivery and engaging learning experiences.
- Facilitate content developed during peak business periods (peak season runs from mid-September through December).
- Manage annual course review process: establish project timelines, milestones and regularly communicate progress to all stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Education, Communications or related fields
- Four or more years of experience developing curriculum content, eLearning programs and virtual learning solutions
- Three or more years facilitation experience with adult learners
- Two or more years in a consumer facing role within a business
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Captivate 8.0 (and above), Photoshop, Audition, or Camtasia
- Strong proficiency in Adobe InDesign
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong knowledge of eLearning standards and Adult Learning Theory
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Flexibility navigating change in a fast paced environment
- Master’s Degree in Instructional Design, Adult Education or related field
- Proficiency designing virtual Instructor-Led training using WebEx
- Proficient project management skills
- Five or more years in contact center learning and development for Fortune top 50 organization
- Develop and manage courses in a LMS
Scheduled Weekly Hours40