The Sr. Manager, Desktop Engineering will be responsible for the configuration and support of the companies’ desktop, laptops, printers and mobile devices, along with all of the software that resides on them, across all of Scholastic’s locations. This individual also serves as a liaison between the various business lines and systems groups (desktop support, security and infrastructure teams) by planning and coordinating desktop infrastructure upgrades, and promoting the latest tools / technologies including Windows 10, Office 365, Outlook, Skype for Business, Sharepoint, VDI's, Laptops, Surface Pro's and iOS/Android mobile devices.
• Drive execution of key enterprise workstation initiatives including hardware refresh, Windows 10 rollout, Asset Management and Mobile device management.
• Work with desktop support teams to resolve all desktop hardware and software issues (PC's, Laptops, Printers, VDI's, Windows and Office Product Suite, mobile devices, etc.).
• Help Desktop Support staff in troubleshooting hardware and software problems, identifying root cause, and recommending appropriate solutions
• Provide customer service excellence by resolving issues with quality and efficiency per SLA’s.
• Measure customer satisfaction (e.g. the effectiveness of available tools and support processes) to meet specific needs of the business areas.
• Allocate resources to resolve desktop technology incidents, requests, events daily.
• Enforce, monitor, and support adherence to desktop hardware and software methodologies, procedures, risk, and compliance. Ensure consistency of process continuation and completion of deliverables.
• Educate desktop support technicians on emerging business technologies.
• Manage employee performance including goal setting, reviews, disciplinary action, and career development.
• Recruit and build a high performing and motivated team in association with our managed services partner. Continually evaluate performance of the organization on a regular basis through well-defined metrics and reports.
HOW YOU CAN FIT
• A bachelor's degree in information systems, engineering or equivalent work experience: advanced degree preferred.
• 7+ years of experience supporting Microsoft & Mac Operating Systems, mobile devices, etc. and at least 3+ years of experience leading and managing teams.
• Ability to think logically and creatively in problem solving. Should know when to escalate a problem.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate, lead and mentor team members.
• Strong technical troubleshooting and analytical skills to assess and recommend technology and technical solutions.
• Demonstrated experience in executing/delivering cross functional projects in a dynamic, fast-paced matrixed environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to present effectively to senior managers including CEO, CTO and executive leadership team.
WHO WE ARE
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books, a leading provider of core literacy curriculum and professional services, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs for pre-K to grade 12, classroom magazines and other products and services that support children's learning both in school and at home. With operations in 14 international offices and exports to 165 countries, Scholastic makes quality, affordable books available to all children around the world through school-based book clubs and book fairs, classroom collections, school and public libraries, retail and online. True to its mission of 97 years to encourage the personal and intellectual growth of all children beginning with literacy, the Company has earned a reputation as a trusted partner to educators and families. Learn more at www.scholastic.com.
Some benefits that we offer:
• 100% vested of 401(k) Retirement Plan after 5 years employment
• Up to 1M worth of supplemental Life Insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Purchase Scholastic stock at a 15% discount
Thank you for your consideration in choosing Scholastic.