BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
The Membership Analytics Team is BJ’s advanced analytics consultancy. The Team is responsible for a wide range of analysis in support of BJ’s efforts to strengthen member loyalty, improve retention, acquire high quality members and increase member lifetime value. The Sr. Manager/Director, Acquisition Analytics will be responsible for delivering analytics, strategy and reporting support for Membership Acquisition activity.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Partner with Membership Acquisition Team to develop and execute direct, digital as well as other targeted media marketing campaigns
- Be a data-driven thought leader in the creation of membership acquisition strategies
- Foster a “test and learn” culture through the ongoing assessment of campaign performance and targeting strategies
- Manage acquisition program schedules, from campaign design to measurement and postmortem analysis
- Develop monthly acquisition plans/goals, continuously monitor member LTV, campaign CPA/ROI and the financial impact of acquisition activity
- Work with direct mail list provider to execute membership campaigns
- In conjunction with the Data Science Team, determine KPIs, design tests and measure incremental lift associated with acquisition efforts
- Leverage predictive analytics to optimize campaigns based on a set objective (i.e. sales, response, profit, etc.)
- Translate results of acquisition activity into actionable business insights that are presented to senior leadership and non-technical audiences
- Provide analytics support and reporting to improve member acquisition, targeting and return on marketing investment
- Manage, coach and develop a Team of analysts responsible for acquisition analytics
- Responsible for ad-hoc analytics support of divisions outside of Membership, including Marketing, Merchandising, Finance and Operations
- 7+ years of experience in marketing analytics; retail industry experience a plus
- Expertise with at least one data/analytics programming language (e.g. SQL/SAS/R/Python)
- Working knowledge of CRM software (e.g. Unica) a plus
- Understanding of the application of statistics in marketing analytics
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks within established timeframes
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Mathematics or an analytics related field; Master’s Degree preferred
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most tasks are performed while seated indoors at a personal computer.
- Limited travel may be required periodically throughout the year.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.