- Develop content, copy and messaging for clinical and other consumer communications and touchpoints, based on strategy
- Collaborate with applicable stakeholders to help define their communications needs and preferences (e.g., business objectives or issues to be addressed, desired outcomes, root cause analysis)
- Critically review existing and new member communications and provide recommendations to ensure communications needs are met
- Collaborate with applicable stakeholders to help define their communications needs and preferences while still aligning to the needs of the business (e.g., business objectives or issues to be addressed, desired outcomes, root cause analysis)
- Serve as project manager for marketing communications projects including establishing project plans, determine milestones and meet deadlines
- Anticipate internal and external customer needs and proactively develop solutions to meet them
- Revise and update communications content and approach as needed, based on established metrics and feedback processes
- Serve as a liaison to identify and align communications efforts across organizational lines.
- Serve as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues in areas of expertise
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years of experience in marketing communications, consumer experience or campaign management
- 5+ years of experience demonstrating effective writing skills (consumer-centric content writing and review, touchpoint optimization, creating reports and status updates, preparing overview presentations)
- 3+ years of cross-functional project management experience
- Experience with creative agency relationships
- Effective presentation skills in both formal and informal settings
- Cross-functional experience working in a complex, matrix organization
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Familiarity with InDesign and Workfront
- Marketing communications experience in health care or pharmacy care services experience
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.