DescriptionThe Business Support Coordinator 1 follows established procedures and guidelines to provide timely and effective clerical support to an office, business unit, department, or other organization group. The Business Support Coordinator 1 performs basic administrative/clerical/operational/customer support/computational tasks. Typically works on routine and patterned assignments.
Perform medical record content analysis to ensure compliance with requirements of the TRICARE contract. Prepare, scan, and stage for final distribution all medical records received into the Medical Record Review Department.
- Analyze content of medical records to ensure compliance with TRICARE contractual requirements for timeliness and documentation. Notify Supervisor of any deficiencies and refer to the Medical Records Review Coordinator for tracking.
- Request medical records, enter information into database, and send follow-up letter to facility if records not received. Open, date stamp mail and distribute to appropriate department associate.
- Prepare, scan, and perform review of scanned medical records to ensure that a quality reproduction has been made.
- Distribute the medical records appropriately through the Department according to government contract requirement or appropriate requester including to the TRICARE Quality Monitoring Committee (TQMC).
- Complete payment voucher and send to finance for processing; maintain file by hospital and copy service.
- File medical records according to government contract requirements.
- Our Department of Defense contract requires U.S. Citizenship
- Successfully receive interim approval for government security clearance (eQIP - Electronic Questionnaire for Investigation Processing)
- H.S. diploma or GED
- 1 year of medical record analysis experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Must be able to lift at least 45 lb boxes
- Proficient computer skills and experience
- Familiarity with standards of practice for medical record documentation
- Attention to detail and deadline driven
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Access
Scheduled Weekly Hours40