BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
The Senior Membership Retention Specialist plays a key role in driving Membership Fee Income for the organization by overseeing all day to day efforts to renew and retain BJ’s Wholesale club members. BJ’s members can pay upwards of $110 annually for a membership, so driving high renewal rates is vital to our business. Renewals are 80% of BJ’s MFI, which equates to nearly half of the company’s net profit.
To achieve this, the Senior Specialist will work across multiple channels to develop and implement a strategy to sustain renewals from long term members and drive renewals with 1st year members. In addition, he/she will oversee our BJ’s Easy Renewal program, developing IT, digital and marketing initiatives to drive program conversion and minimize opt-outs.
Other responsibilities include:
- Build a test and learn strategy (creative, offers, pricing, segmentation) for all renewal channels, with a focus on digital, and manage the implementation of the strategy from start to finish
- Partner with production and IT to determine ways to simplify and streamline the current renewal process
- Develop a promotional offer strategy tied to the member’s renewal lifecycle
- Manage the reporting for renewals and update management as to progress and learnings
- Identify opportunities to improve retention via BJs.com and BJ’s omni-channel initiatives
- Manage the retention annual budget, ensuring we meet forecast and optimize investments
- Partner with legal to ensure all retention marketing is compliant
- Work closely with club operations and member care teams to drive retention efforts
- Develop a renewal incentive program for front line club team members
- Partner with My BJ’s Perks Team on efforts to increase retention in the My BJ’s Perks program
- Partner with cross functional teams to execute membership engagement and retention strategies
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Management or related subject
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Experience managing complex marketing pilots and project rollout
- Direct marketing experience in digital, social, and traditional direct marketing channels
- Experience in loyalty program marketing (preferred)
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced, matrixed environment
- Data driven, strategic thinking
- Positive attitude with a willingness to work on projects beyond your immediate scope of responsibility
- Intermediate Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience managing a budget
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to build productive relationships with cross functional partners
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.