The IT Security Engineer is responsible for assisting in the deployment and implementation of security policies, procedures, standards and guidelines. The Engineer will implement and maintain solutions for network security, secure local and remote access, monitor and secure egress and ingress traffic, perform security implementations, maintain and manage access control provisioning and de-provisioning as well as perform compliance monitoring. The Engineer will work closely with other individuals within Bed Bath’s Information Security team and throughout the organization to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the organization and its data. In addition, operationally responsible for managing and maintaining tools used in support of the security for the organization, including but not limited to firewall management, wireless network monitoring, log analysis, perimeter and end point protection.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for implementation of security policies and procedures’
- Reviews infrastructure and implementation of new security-based technologies
- Proactively assesses potential items of risk and opportunities of unauthorized ingress and egress traffic throughout the network
- Represents the security needs of the organization by providing expertise and assistance in IT projects with regard to network security issues.
- Supports day-to-day workstream tasking activities as required.
- Implement, support, and manage security controls and continuous wired and wireless network monitoring systems.
- Review security event log data and investigate anomalies.
- Prepare project task details, presentations, and reports on assigned projects and department performance metrics.
- Assist with network and endpoint security management systems, monitor for configuration errors, and validate signatures firewall change requests.
- Assist with guidance on wireless network monitoring and visibility technologies, standards, and usage.
- Maintain up-to-date procedures and documentation to support IT security processes.
- Monitor performance and activity of information security systems and services, conducting research on future solutions, and making recommendations to information security management based on such research
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field and three (3) years directly related experience;
- Knowledge of authoritative standards, guidelines, and best practices relative to information security.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in information technology or network security
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral
- Organized, responsive and highly thorough problem solver
- Preferred candidates should have of BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- CISSP, CISM, GIAC, SSCP, Cisco certified CCNP Security or equivalent certification is a plus
- Must be available to be on call as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Technical proficiency in network security related hardware and software: ability to function as a credible consultant to other IT groups on network security matters.
- Ability to identify and adapt emerging technologies that will be applicable to defending the organization's IT environment.
- Capable of understanding of the organization's business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain credibility as a member of the security and change control team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough understanding of operating systems such as Windows, UNIX, and Linux, network securing systems configurations and management
- Strong customer focus and demonstrated ability to manage client expectations.
- Excellent collaboration and team-building skills.
- Good understanding of firewall technology.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to assess web and network security risks and techniques for their mitigation.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and issues with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Develop and maintain healthy relationships with vendors and with professional organizations, peer groups and industry trade groups to remain current with evolving technologies. Attend security conferences and workshops as necessary.
- Should have substantive demonstrable knowledge of the following or equivalent technology:
- Firewall rule reviews
- Client, site-to-cloud and site-to-site VPN setup and troubleshooting
- Firewall code upgrades
- Wireless network monitoring
- On-premise and cloud firewall design and implementation
- Network Protection solutions
- Network and packet analysis
- Other security tools as appropriate
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.