The Corporate Finance / Corporate Technology Group within EIT is seeking an Application Systems Engineer 5 who will be responsible for development and support of Oracle OFSAA-based applications using Informatica, PL/SQL and data warehouse functionality needed to deliver the best possible solutions to our business partners.
- Acts as a lead in providing application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology within Informatica PowerCenter / Oracle Datamart / OFSAA framework.
- Analyzes business requirements, architects and writes technical specifications to design or redesign computer solutions.
- Configures Informatica data flows using provided out-of-the-box as well as custom requirements, batch schedules, integrates existing flows provided by vendors.
- Leads projects and project teams, including assignment of tasks, and provides mentorship, direction and guidance to less experienced staff.
- Develops original and complex solutions or provides technical guidance to less experienced staff.
- Leads and/or performs modeling, simulations and analysis efforts.
- Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs written within ETL/Informatica, as well as using SQL, PL/SQL or UNIX scripting.
- Participates in overall systems integration testing. Provides input and direction on scope of testing scripts. Maintains testing data for SIT and UAT environments.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots various ETL performance issues (for both batch processing as well as end-user interaction) in the datamart.
- Leads the migration of applications to production according to the SDLC model.
- Develops new documentation, participates in the development of department technical procedures and designs user guides.
- As an escalation point for application support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction to less experienced staff in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems for various front-end applications, downstream and upstream applications and others.
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees updating and testing of the business continuation plan.
Ideal candidate will be an individual who takes ownership of a process and accountability for its day to day activities, is able to work independently or as part of a team, and seeks to work on a diverse range of programming languages.
Note: The only work location for this position is onsite in uptown Charlotte, NC.Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 7+ years of Oracle experience
- 5+ years of Informatica experience
- 2+ years of UNIX experience
- 2+ years of Perl or Shell experience
- 2+ years of experience leading the requirement design process with both technical and business partners
- 2 + years of experience writing relational database queries for stored procedures, query optimization and performance tuning
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and policies
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
- Understanding of batch processing and scheduling tools.
- Familiarity with Oracle GL business suite and its processing.
- Experience with OBIEE or other BI tool is a plus.
- Experience with OFSAAi tools
- Understanding of Java and .NET-related technologies
- Wells Fargo application development experience
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.