Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Southwest Medical, part of OptumCare, is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
This is a lead position at the front desk of an urgent care clinic. The schedule will be weekdays and will be four 10s or three 12s.
- Greet patients and check in and out for urgent care
- Enter charges correctly and collect appropriate payments
- Prepare daily deposits and coordinate with finance department
- Order front and back office supplies
- Assist provider with referral submissions
- Responsible for waiting room management and implementation of efficient customer friendly processes
- Work with back and front office staff to ensure smooth patient flow
- Assist coworkers and team members with duties when requested, to include but not limited to, floating to other areas
- Handle patient calls accessing EMR and address patient concerns
- Address and complete tasks, referrals, and stats on a daily basis
- Support associate patient care coordinators with coverage when they are out of office
- Attend leadership meetings and provide input
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ yrs. experience working in a physician’s office, hospital or clinic
- CPR certification or willing to obtain within 30 days of hire
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client or patient sites within a designated area
- Bilingual in English or Spanish
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Southwest Medical, urgent care, UHG, front desk, customer service, Spanish, Henderson, NV, Nevada