Here, you'll help attract, lead, support and reward our most valuable asset: our high caliber people. Here, you're expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and to develop your skills. Be prepared to move quickly, to engage proactively, and to think strategically. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Sr. Payroll Tax Specialist is responsible for the set-up, research and resolution of employee employment and withholding taxes. The Sr. Payroll Tax Specialist will be responsible for communication and customer service for tax issues and will act as a subject matter expert for these taxes.
- Responsible for researching and resolving complex payroll tax issues
- Act as an SME for payroll tax questions and issues, troubleshoot when needed
- Partner with HR Operations to manage Tier 2 cases related to payroll taxes, including communication directly to employees based on their individual situation, as well as outside tax vendors / organizations
- Responsible for running queries to audit the taxes for each bi-weekly payroll run, telecommuters, local withholdings, etc.
- Maintain accurate tax records within PeopleSoft, assist in testing PeopleSoft tax updates before moving to production
- Assist with year-end review and processing of W2’s and W2c’s
- Maintain general ledger balances and manage daily wires for taxes and other payroll disbursements
- Research errors, determine root cause and make recommendations for on-going process improvements
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of employees
- Collaborate with HRIS, Payroll Operation, Communications and HR communities in the support of payroll operations and tax changes
- Maintain effective relationships with key internal and external customers and vendors
- Other projects as assigned
- High School diploma / GED
- 3+ years of functional experience with PeopleSoft HRMS version 8.9, 9.0 and higher or equivalent system
- 2+ years of payroll experience with a Fortune 100 company or larger
- Able to work various hours as needed to support payroll tax processing with increased need at quarter ends and year end
- BA or BS
- Experience with project documentation discipline
- Knowledge of internal systematic controls related to Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Strong understanding of how to build efficient operational processes
- Knowledge of Gross to Net Payroll and General Accounting Principles
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Word, Excel
- 1+ years of previous multi-state tax experience
- FPC or CPP
- Healthcare experience
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr Payroll Specialist, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota