At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Consumer Lending Group (CLG) Page Image
From achieving sustainable homeownership, managing credit, purchasing a car to financing college, Wells Fargo Consumer Lending cares about our customers. Today, our diversified team provides home lending, auto loans, and student loans to more than 30 million customers. Every day we focus on providing guidance, advice and tools to assist our customers with making informed decisions for selecting the right products and services to satisfy their financial needs and help them succeed financially.
This position is available for a Senior Oracle PL/SQL Developer and System Analyst in Consumer Lending Technology within the Retail Lending Technology & Operations Group. The selected team member will work on the most complex multiple concurrent projects to enhance an Enterprise Collections and Recovery system serving multiple business units.
This is a lead application systems engineer that will act in the highest level technical role as an individual contributor and/or team lead for the most complex computer applications, initiatives utilizing a thorough and functional understanding of available technologies, tools, existing design using technologies but not limited to Linux, Java, Oracle, Pl/SQL, Autosys, Shell/Perl scripting. Your role is to ensure that the business creates clear and concise requirements by doing project initiation reviews and impact analysis using tools like PL/SQL Developer to research packages and procedures in the database and providing feedback to the business on existing functionality in order to assist them in thoroughly documenting future enhancements.
You will also be responsible for developing and managing support activities and projects by providing leadership, strategic/tactical direction, validating customer requirements, working with various technology partners and system architects to understand different technology solutions, providing technology recommendations, creating and documenting functional system design, peforming coding, documenting and executing omplete unit test plans, identifying and managing development tasks, providing test support, documenting implementation plans and supporting post production testing.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Writing complex functional system designs to meet business initiated projects and system level enhancements., while providing direction to less experienced analysts and developers.
- Acting as a technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts.
- Analyzing existing application logic written in PLSQL for business requirement analysis, functional design, coding, unit testing, testing support, troubleshooting, etc.
- Developing new documentation for departmental procedures, training and user guides. Assures quality, security, business continuity plan and compliance requirements are met and documented for supported area.
Please note: The team member selected for this role will be based in either of the following Wells Fargo targeted locations including: West Des Moines IA, Chandler/Phoenix AZ or Charlotte NC. Candidates should reside in and/or around these targeted locations or be able to commute to and/or relocate to the designated target areas at their own expense(s). Relocation expenses will not be provided.
This is a full time opportunity with a competitive compensation package, a comprehensive benefits package including a generous PTO program and many other benefits. For additional benefit information visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits/.Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5+ years of Oracle experience
- 5+ years of PL/SQL experience
- 5+ years of data modeling experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Java experience
- Knowledge and understanding of collection software programs
- Knowledge and understanding of Shaw, ACAPS, FDR, ECaR, and/or other Consumer Lending applications
- Agile experience
- Financial services industry experience
- Experience developing sizing and work estimate documents
- Experience creating UI designs.
- Experience with Use Cases/Use Case Modeling
- Experience creating class diagrams
- Unix/Linux Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of at least one of the following: Home Equity Lines and Loans, Personal Loans, Credit Cards and Retail Loans, Business Loans and Credit Cards, and Educational Loans
- Ability to work on call as assigned
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.