If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
Due to growth, we are looking to build out our Advanced Research and Analytics team and need a Senior Principal Healthcare Data Scientist to join our team. You should be an exceptional Data Scientist with Machine Learning and Predictive Modeling experience and a passion for working with healthcare data, hands-on skills using various big-data and ML platform tools, and proven experience delivering business impact on a portfolio of projects.
If you are located in the Central or Eastern time zones, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Own Data Science efforts including research and development of our Fraud and Payment Integrity suite of analytics applications
- Evaluate and leverage petabyte size data assets across our enterprise to drive new R&D efforts across the Payment Integrity portfolio
- Stay involved in all aspects of the program lifecycle from requirements gathering, ideation, data wrangling, hypothesis generation, programming, testing and implementation of new processes and tools.
- Work with a great deal of autonomy to find solutions to complex problems by interacting with business leaders, subject matter experts, engineers, and operations staff
- Support and drive analytic leadership efforts around machine learning and innovation, business and technology planning, and positive team environment
- Leverage global project teams to deliver business impact through day to day management of matrixed staff, direct complex processes, achieve greater collaboration, and ensure successful program level reporting
- Contribute to blogs, whitepapers, technical documents, and business presentations
- Master's or PhD in applied mathematics, physics, computer science, engineering or statistics
- 8+ years of Machine Learning and/or Predictive Analytics experience
- 5+ years of executive client interfacing experience (internal or external), demonstrating excellent ability to communicate technical ideas and results in written and verbal form.
- 5+ years of Data Mining with strong programming development skills in Python, R, Scala and/or Java
- Experience applying computational algorithms and statistical methods to structured and unstructured data
- Demonstrated experience combining analytic methods with advanced data visualizations (e.g. Tableau, Plotly, Seaborn, ggplot)
- Demonstrated ability to breakdown and clearly define problems
- Experience in Natural Language Processing, Graph Theory, and Deep Learning in Big Data
- Experience in Fraud and/or Payment Integrity
- Experience working with clinical datasets
- Automation experience
- Healthcare experience
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: data scientist, principal data scientist, senior data scientist, lead data scientist, healthcare, machine learning, R, Python, Scala, NLP, UnitedHealth Group, UHG, UnitedHealthcare, UHC, ARA2018, telecommute