BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
SENIOR PRODUCE INSPECTOR
Within BJ’s third-party perishable consolidation operation, responsible for: (1) quality assurance processes that determine whether to accept or reject produce deliveries; (2) adherence to food safety, sanitation and quality standards for product stored in facility; (3) inventory control management of produce; (4) quality assurance training of support staff; (5) inspection of produce deliveries to ensure product ordered adheres to contract and USDA specifications; (6) administering quality tests on produce commodities; (7) documenting inspection results; (8) recommending USDA inspections as required; (9) performing periodic food safety and sanitation warehouse audits; (10) conducting daily inventory counts and make necessary adjustments; (11) filing required federal, state and food safety documents; (12) developing support staff by conducting produce inspection training sessions; and (13) assisting with positive receiving operation as needed.
- Inspect produce deliveries by performing company quality grading audits. Perform quality tests as needed. Evaluate product to determine if product meets contract and USDA grade specifications. Confer with Produce Buying department when product does not meet contracted grade or quality standards. Approve or reject delivery on BJ’s behalf in accordance with PACA procedures. Record and report appropriate percentiles regarding rejections and problem notes at time of inspection. Ensure appropriate Temp Tales are downloaded and reported at time of rejection.
- Verify all produce reporting is accurate and timely. Ensure all reports are distributed to the appropriate Home Office team members and filed accordingly. Respond to all questions or concerns in a timely manner. Research, resolve, report all reporting discrepancies quickly and accurately.
- Perform daily quality check of produce inventory and salvage inferior product. Audit inventory to ensure accuracy and investigate discrepancies. Work with third party Inventory Control Department to ensure discrepancies are accurately adjusted.
- Ensure all federal and state food safety and company guidelines are followed. Document and file all federal, state, food safety and company regulations. Ensure that all regulatory and company documentation is completed and filed accordingly.
- Verify club shipments and reconcile selection variances in accordance with company policies and procedures. Monitor load sequence and affix trailer seals. Data entry of shipping variances. Assist overnight QC teams when needed. Trailer sealing, data entry and load verification.
- Conduct and attend produce inspection training sessions when scheduled. Assist in the training and monitoring of all produce inspectors.
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Preferred Education- College degree in food science, chemistry or biology
- 8 years retail/produce experience in a warehouse
- Proficiency in produce inspection procedures with extensive knowledge of produce quality assessment.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.