About H&R Block…
People are often surprised when they begin working here. Maybe it's because the company founded by two brothers in 1955 still has the feeling of a family, or it could be our high-ambition associates who believe in our purpose and core values. Our company is forward thinking and innovative. Our leadership is accessible. Our associates are welcoming and bring unique and diverse perspectives. We believe we are better together!
We help our clients and inspire confidence in their lives, so they can do more for their families and communities...but the work we do here is so much more. We are curious, creative and determined to be the best we can be. Now that is something to feel great about!
Our corporate headquarters is located in the bustling downtown Power & Light district of Kansas City, just steps or a streetcar ride away from countless restaurants and entertainment venues. In addition to great benefits, we have some nice perks, like our onsite fitness gym and coffee bar, company cafe, free garage parking, and frequent opportunities to get discounted or free tickets to a variety of sports, entertainment venues, and shows.
About our Sr. Product Manager position…
As a Product Manager on the Client Experience team, you will be accountable for working with the Lead Product Manager to define the overall product vision and strategies for client portal. Being the heart, mind and voice of the client. Creating and ensuring delivery of consumer-facing product interaction and implementation requirements and user stories to meet specific consumer needs. Establishing and nurturing relationships with internal product sponsors, stakeholders, and cross-functional team members. Consult with product sponsors, participants, stakeholders and customers to review product proposals including goals, time frames, and funding limitations. Ensure that product goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
What you will bring to the team…
- Relentless in the pursuit of creating an outstanding client experience that delights and amazes our customers.
- Own overall responsibility for the success of assigned projects.
- Understand business goals and client research and data to create hypothesis and define requirements for solving client pain points.
- Take an iterative approach to creating a client experience that is focused on improving ease of use.
- Collaborate effectively across the enterprise to create deliverables to meet product objectives and create alignment to provide a seamless user experience
- Collaborates across the enterprise to create alignment between products to provide a seamless user experience
- Have ability to discuss technical issues at a high-level with engineering and understand design implementation and impact.
- Review and analyze product metrics to inform strategic and tactical product decisions
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area, or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- Five to seven years’ experience in product management for web-based and/or mobile applications or equivalent. The ideal candidate will have experience managing consumer-facing client portals or products in the software industry.
- Experience leading teams in a matrix management environment with demonstrated record of establishing priorities and deadlines
- Passion for solving problems for customers and their tax preparation needs.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Very detail oriented.
- Ability to quickly grasp new areas of business and new technologies
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated decision-making, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective written and oral presentation and facilitation skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels of internal associates and business partners to influence a wide range of audiences.
- Tax or financial background
- Technical background or experience building products and features that rely on one or two-way data communication with 3rd party systems
- Experience or understanding of financial technologies (fintech)
- Experience with OCR and intelligent content extraction technologies