Be a driver of change at Optum, part of UnitedHealth Group family of businesses and a key leader across most major segments of the U.S. health care system. You could be a vital factor in our success as you apply exceptional creative and management skills to develop the strategy and vision for our future marketing efforts. You'll have the satisfaction of seeing your ideas come to life while working alongside a world class marketing team. It your chance to help countless people lead healthier lives while working with a Fortune 6 industry leader.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Conduct market research; predict customer needs and apply innovative approaches in technology, marketing and service operations to meet those needs
- Identify and communicate client goals / needs as input into product planning efforts
- Demonstrate understanding of competitive landscape (e.g. strengths, weaknesses, and gaps in Optum’s products and platforms)
- Define market segments to pursue based on market analysis and various business criteria
- Ensure product strategies address applicable market expectations
- Collaborate with applicable internal stakeholders to obtain input and buy-in to product strategies, including Marketing, Sales, Legal, Finance, and Operations
- Develop pricing strategy plans (e.g. product schedules and procedures) and obtain required approvals for deal reviews
- Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Navigate and influence multiple cross-functional teams in a complex work environment
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of Product Management, Human Centered Design, or IT Systems Analysis experience
- 3+ years of supervisory responsibility (either project or people management)
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, including Visio
- Strong communication, organizational, and leadership skills
- Strong knowledge of health/medical industry/insurance and benefits
- Detail-oriented and proactive thinker linking activities to strategy and innovation
- Able to work across a large matrixed organization and manage change, ambiguity, and urgency
- Able to establish collaborative relationships quickly with constituents
- Strong technical writing skills. The ability to take the lead role in translating client needs into comprehensive product design documentation including user stories and market requirements
- Experience with Agile product development methodologies
- Demonstrated understanding of cloud computing, web-based solutions, APIs, and associated technologies
- Ability to travel as required (up to 25%) for client engagement meetings
- Experience working within the Healthcare industry, specifically within Payer / Provider Systems
- Experience with Optum’s Product Lifecycle Management methodology
- Experience with Pragmatic Marketing Framework
- Experience with Salesforce.com; willingness to achieve Salesforce.com certifications within 3 months of hire.
- Understanding / training in Lean Startup thinking and Human Centered Product Design
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.