About H&R Block…
People are often surprised when they begin working here. Maybe it's because the company founded by two brothers in 1955 still has the feeling of a family, or it could be our high-ambition associates who believe in our purpose and core values. Our company is forward thinking and innovative. Our leadership is accessible. Our associates are welcoming and bring unique and diverse perspectives. We believe we are better together!
We help our clients and inspire confidence in their lives, so they can do more for their families and communities...but the work we do here is so much more. We are curious, creative and determined to be the best we can be. Now that is something to feel great about!
Our corporate headquarters is located in the bustling downtown Power & Light district of Kansas City, just steps or a streetcar ride away from countless restaurants and entertainment venues. In addition to great benefits, we have some nice perks, like our onsite fitness gym and coffee bar, company cafe, free garage parking, and frequent opportunities to get discounted or free tickets to a variety of sports, entertainment venues, and shows.
About our Sr. Product Manager position…
Based at our corporate headquarters, you will be responsible for developing, planning and managing the implementation of new enhancements and features for Work Center, a CRM and workflow management application. Lead the tactical implementation of the enhancements with the cross functional technology teams, as well as the business change required, while ensuring that day-to-day operations keep functioning flawlessly. Consult with product sponsors, participants, stakeholders and customers to review product proposals including goals, time frames, and training. Ensure that product goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives.
- Responsible for determining and delivering the business enhancements for the application working with Executive Sponsors and stake holders to achieve strategic directives.
- Working with the I.T. cross functional teams, deliver Work Center on time with superior quality.
- Coordinate all activities related to soliciting user research and feedback, Community support, release notes and field communications, and technical support training and knowledge sharing.
- Oversee teams of individuals representing the business, technology, and field users.
- Work in partnership with business leaders to obtain and commit necessary associate resources at the appropriate time, level, and expertise to support the products.
- Ensure compliance with corporate product management principles, using appropriate product management tools, processes and procedures.
- Use outstanding influence leadership skills, work closely with other senior leaders to ensure all technology is coordinated for on time delivery.
What you will bring to the team…
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- Product management experience to include experience engaging with software users and identifying solutions to serve their needs.
- Experience leading large mission critical products in a matrix management environment with demonstrated record of establishing priorities, making informed decisions and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to be an effective leader in a fast‑paced pressure environment.
- Experience developing and managing product budgets.
- Business and/or IT experience to include budgeting, systems analysis, and design.
- Experience developing and negotiating partnerships with broad cross functional teams in pursuit of a common goal.
- Knowledge of business case development including cost/benefit analysis, NPV, and current and future state assessment.
- Advanced oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Strong presentation and facilitation skills necessary to communicate and persuade a wide range of audiences.
- Advanced supervisory skills with the ability to oversee tasks delegated to subordinates.
- Familiarity with compliance (regulatory, SOX, etc.) and governance issues.
- Experience in Big 4 consulting environment
- Experience working in an H&R Block tax office or financial background
- Expertise managing outsourcing service agreement including design and tracking of Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Nine years business and/or IT consulting experience to include short-term and long-range strategic planning.
- Seven years product management experience.
- PMP certification, or equivalent, or completed work towards PMP certification, or equivalent.