Let’s talk about the ongoing transformation of health care. Change is happening rapidly and the health of millions is at stake. It’s our responsibility and we need the right people to drive it, endlessly, with no compromises. As a Senior Regulatory Affairs Analyst, you will be an individual contributor in our Clinical Services group, working closely with Corporate Legal, Licensing, Regulatory Affairs and Compliance. You will research, document and report on regulatory changes in the health care system. It’s an opportunity to make a huge impact. Primary Responsibilities:
- Focus directly on nursing regulatory and licensing support. This includes State Board of Nursing regulation review as well as Home Health Agency (HHA) state/county rules and regulations
- Maintain HHA coverage map and conducting research on what is required by the state for a Certificate of Need (CON) or HHA license to support nursing footprint expansion efforts
- Provide assistance with early research and work prioritization to obtain HHA licensure and work collaboratively with corporate licensing department throughout the application process.
- Ensure subcontracted HHA’s are held accountable to the same state HHA license regulations and requirements
- Monitor professional nurse licensing via the company’s license verification and tracking system. Audit for nursing compliance with professional licensure requirements
- In collaboration with corporate resources, support inquiries, requests and actions by regulators, including complaints and other requests for assistance
- Interface with corporate Federal and State Regulatory review teams to ensure company policies are compliant or updated to meet new or changed regulations
- Complete internal regulatory review and filings related to marketing materials and/or other patient-facing materials
- Conduct other business regulatory research, report generation, audits, and corrective action plan oversight as related to new laws/regulations/guidance
- Analyze and resolve policy and regulatory issues to meet both business and regulatory requirements and to protect our reputation with customers
- Develop and maintain a change in nursing leader or HHA administrator (termination, leave of absence, etc.) tracking and alert plan for ongoing monitoring of changes in the named state license administrator
- Maintain SharePoint site with branch specific, updated items such as Certificates of Insurance, Surety Bonds, Accreditation certificates, etc.
- 4+ years of experience working in health care, managed care and/or health insurance
- 4+ years of experience with regulatory affairs, compliance or licensing
- Home Health and/or Home Infusion experience
- Experience communicating complex information via phone conversations and emails to non-technical clients, external customers, internal customers and executives
- Experience interacting and collaborating with a variety of stakeholders (other team members, internal customers and executives)
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Associates Degree, Paralegal Studies
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: compliance, regulatory, legal, regulations, healthcare, health, insurance, audits, marketing, consultant, consulting, Medicare, Medicaid, CMS, Part D, Tricare, claims, manage, manager, management, process, implement, relationship, regulators, strategy, strategic, training, auditing, certified, certification, Lenexa, KS, Kansas