Enterprise Risk Management Technology (ERMT) provides technology development and support for the Wells Fargo Risk Management organization. The department works closely with the lines of business to ensure that risks are being appropriately managed within the defined risk appetite for the firm. The applications and supporting departments provide a partnership between Technology and the Risk Management line of business as the single point of contact for all technology needs; providing an understanding of Risk Management business goals in order to build a supporting technology strategic plan; and create a more holistic approach to address the needs of Operational Risk.
ERMT is seeking an experienced Developer in Base SAS, SAS Macros. SAS is a third-party product. The role is for a within EMRT focusing on supporting SAS AML solutions. The successful individual should be familiar with transactional database design, database experience with Oracle and Teradata and have significant experience with Base SAS, SAS Macros, worked on Visual Analytics and has knowledge of SAS Viya architecture. The successful individual will also have knowledge of the SAS Architecture and configuration of SAS and be able to identify issues related to SAS Configuration. The role may support one or multiple projects as needed based on demands.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who will work independently, as well as report and demonstrate progress on regular intervals. They will deliver complete and accurate documentation of the systems researched and provide actionable recommendations. Additionally, they will have the technical ability and prowess to recognize areas where immediate corrective action should be taken and have the ability to develop solutions throughout the review process. They will think outside the immediate paradigm while maintaining enterprise standards and industry best practices. Excellent communication skills will be needed to work effectively across geographical locations.
The individual will be expected to work with business partners in order to understand their needs and requirements and to analyze and design the necessary solution. The role therefore requires very strong relational database and technical experience. Excellent skills in schema design, stored procedure and view creation, and ETL will be crucial.
Other Duties as required:
- Acts as a lead in providing application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs.
- Analyzes highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications.
- Provides coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code.
- Acts as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts.
- Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs.
- Oversees overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production.
- Develops new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides.
- Leads projects, allocates and manages resources and manages the work of less experienced staff.
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan.
- Be on-call for Production support.
The preferred work location is Charlotte, NC and Minneapolis, MN.Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5+ years of relational database experience
- 5+ years of SAS programming experience
- 5+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- 4+ years of Linux experience
- 5+ years of SQL experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Oracle experience
- Teradata experience
- Analytics experience
- Application production support experience
- Knowledge and understanding of technology testing: strategies, test plans, test cases ,and test scripts development
- Financial services industry experience
- Ability to prepare and present senior level communications
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- 7+ years of Base SAS and SAS Macro
- 4+ years of experience with SAS Admin Experience
- 2+ years of experience in SAS Stored Procsess
- Knowledge of SAS Viya and SAS CAS
- Knowledge and understanding of SAS Architecture
- 5+ years of relational database model, design, development and performance tuning experience;
- 3+ years of development experience working with large databases;
- 3+ years of experience in gathering requirements and development of technical/functional specifications
- A detailed, logical thinker, problem solver & team player
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.