Let's get one thing straight. We're in the business of making revolutions happen every single day. It's what's needed to make the health care system work better for everyone. As a Business Analyst, you'll drive vital projects that have strategic importance to make that mission a reality. You'll use your sharp business skills to assist in creating, controlling and improving business processes.
This position is part of a team responsible for management and execution of our provider incentive programs known as Additional Compensation Programs (ACP) including system setup and maintenance; incentive reporting, calculation and distribution; and incentive research and reconciliation. As part of this team, the SR SAS Programmer / Data Analyst will be involved in the processes around the analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, support and maintenance of the systems. This includes participating in system development, detail testing, data cleansing and data analysis for new or revised business/system processes. The SR SAS Programmer / Data Analyst will also be involved in turning business problems into understandable, actionable analyses; helping to identify the underlying causes and potential mitigation strategies for medical cost trends, based on knowledge of healthcare issues including benefit designs, contracting methodologies, and reimbursement policies; and perform statistical analyses to help identify root causes of medical cost trends such as unit cost issues and provider issues.
- Create/maintain business requirements for systems supporting the compensation calculation and payment process
- Coordinate with other teams both internally and externally involved with the process
- Assist in the design and development of SAS programs required to administer compensation agreements
- Ability to work efficiently with large data sets (1 M+)
- Ability to independently research both internal and external questions and provide input and suggestions for system sustainability, programming, new processes, etc.
- Participate in developing programs and queries to run analytics for the compensation program
- Ability to run, monitor, and adjust software jobs to ensure appropriate completion
- Identify and help solve potential program/data problems ensuring appropriate follow through and resolution
- Ensure sufficient documentation is available (and provided) to support audits including current/historical documentation of programming and system changes and additions to support the ACP program
- Independently perform analyses of issues, participate in development of potential solutions, and make recommendations to ensure accurate and timely resolution
- Recommend and drive process improvements
- Undergraduate degree in finance (or related field) or equivalent experience
- Experience utilizing strong analytical and critical thinking skills with ability to analyze, interpret and implement incentive plans
- Demonstrated experience using strong communication skills with willingness to sit on data calls and provide on-call support
- Proficiency with MS Office applications Excel, Access, Word required
- Expert knowledge of Base SAS/ SAS Macro, SAS/SQL, Enterprise Guide in SAS Enterprise BI 9.1 or 9.2 environments
- Demonstrated knowledge of using software tools to extract and manipulate data from multiple system
- Expert knowledge of relational database systems: DB2, Oracle and Teradata
- Working knowledge of mainframe navigation
- Proficiency with MS Office applications PowerPoint and Visio
- Ability to learn and understand the interdependencies of computer systems quickly
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels within and outside the company
- Possesses written communication skills enabling independent handling of correspondence and proofreading of complex legal agreements, letters, reports and other documents
- Advanced knowledge of UNIX systems
- Demonstrated customer service skills in a professional business environment
- Tact, diplomacy and sensitivity to respect confidential information
- Work schedule flexibility, including availability for overtime as needed
- Participation in the development/maintenance of computer systems
- Previous experience with incentive or commission processes and systems
- Previous experience with Medicare and/or the healthcare insurance
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: SR SAS Programmer, Analyst, analyze, analysis, data analytics, business process, data requirements, report, reporting, data modeling, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota