About UsGiant Eagle Inc., ranked 36 on Forbes magazine's largest private corporations list, is one of the nation's largest food retailers and distributors with approximately \\$9.5 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with more than 420 stores throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia, Maryland and Indiana.
Giant Eagle was previously named America's Second Harvest Regional Retailer of the Year for its support of local food banks, and also actively supports numerous community events, the United Way, Children's Hospital, Race For The Cure and other non-profit organizations. The company also has created education initiatives such as Apples For The Students, which has provided millions of dollars in computer equipment, software and other classroom learning tools for local schools and the Be A Smart Shopper school nutrition program. Further information can be found at GiantEagle.com.Position SummaryThe Sr. Software Engineer Team Member is part of the Ecommerce and Marketing Team. Under general direction, they will design, develop, and implement systems to ensure customer requirements are met in a timely and cost-effective manner. Key development responsibilities include the development and support of internal systems and integration of third party applications and systems support. The role will require leadership, technical consulting and mentoring/training of new and existing team members. This role has a strong focus on developing web applications and RESTful web services in .net technologies.Job Responsibilities
- Design and write efficient, complicated modules or complex programs to meet customer requirements
- Interact with analysts, users, and business stakeholders to gather, understand, and develop technical
- Coordinate systems analysis, systems development and implementation activities to ensure customer
requirements are met
- Organize and prepare program and system documentation according to established procedures to facilitate
ongoing support and maintenance.
- Recommend and implement process improvements to increase efficiency
- Perform formal code reviews and quality assurance activities for newly developed programs
- Participate in an off-hour support rotation
- Provide training and turnover to the Application Service Desk Team Members who provide 24x7 support to
our business customers.
- Coordinate system implementation by planning and monitoring system testing and conversion to ensure a
smooth conversion to new programs
- Produce all management reports completely, accurately and on time.
- Prevent unauthorized access to information, assets or restricted areas and report any attempts
- Maintain cognizance of industry trends and new products to evaluate opportunities for achieving maximum
effective usage of Company's investment in information technology
- Report any type of problems to the appropriate management in a timely manner.
- Participate in all education and On-the-Job Training programs as recommended by IS Management.
- Maintain communications with Group/Team Members
- Assist other Team Members as required to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Ability to communicate well with non-IT personnel
- Assist in special projects as assigned. Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree Information Systems or equivalent job experience
- 5 to 10 years
- 5+ years experience working as a software engineer/programmer/developer
- 5+ years working in .NET / C# / MVC / WEB API / WCF / HTML5 / CSS
- Experience with developing RESTful web services
- Experience working with RDBMS such as Oracle or SQL Server
- Experience working with Sitecore or similar Content Management System
- Experience working with Commerce systems/applications/concepts
- Experience with XML / XSLT
- Unix /AIX
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Computer Skills
- Continuous Learner
- Project Management
- Normal office environment
- Fax Machine