The health solutions marketplace is hungry for new ideas, innovative products and software that drives elevated performance for the business and the customer. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is feeding incredible solutions to that marketplace everyday by bringing out the best in our software engineering teams. We serve customers across the health system. Not only do we have more of them every day, we also have more technology, greater data resources and far broader expertise than any competitor anywhere. We're out to change the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. If you're in, you'll be challenged like never before. It's time to join this history making.
- Creating complex data processing pipelines, as part of diverse, high energy teams
- Work on big data platforms, data ingestions, and full stack development
- Designing scalable implementations of the models developed by our reverse engineering teams
- Hands-on programming based on TDD in a collaborative programming environment
- Deploying data pipelines in production based on Continuous Delivery practices
- Play a key role in the future of our health care software products by working closely with product management and other stakeholders to aid solution development
- Strong analytical skill to help support Production issues
The complexity of this role can be challenging. We deal with huge amounts of data across our entire enterprise. Everything you work on will have implications that impact others. We'll provide the most up-to-date technology, but you'll need to provide creativity, critical thinking and clarity on an every day basis.
- 2+ years coding experience with JVM based languages (Java, Scala, Groovy)
- 2+ years hands-on experience working on Spark or Java MapReduce, Any Streaming API (Spark, Flink etc), HDFS, Hive, Any nosql database (Cassandra, HBase etc)
- 2+ years SQL
- 2+ years of JUnit but prefer any BDD framework experience like JBehave or Spock or Scala Test
- Production Support Experience
- Prior experience building ETL
- Hortonworks or AWS experience/certification
- Kafka, Tez, Pig etc.
- stackoverflow, github profile, i.e. evidence of community contributions
Optum is a diversified health services and innovation company where data, technology, people and action combine to make great things happen every day. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.