As an Applications Developer, you will work as part pf a dynamic team with a focus in Technical Support and writing and developing code for applications leveraging multiple tools, languages, processes and technologies.
- Develop new and or enhance existing application or system code as assigned or provided in technical specifications
- Preform the day to day functions such as running of existing programs, applications, jobs, reviewing logs for errors, writing or editing software and code, preforming testing activities and updating documentation
- Coordinate activities with other technical and functional areas as required
- Work may include sensitive healthcare information, data trend or claims
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related major
- 1+ years of application development experience
- Relational database experience
- Healthcare Industry experience
- Data Warehouse experience
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr Software Engineering Specialist, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota