Bed Bath & Beyond’s Marketing Technology Team strives to create a world-class digital customer experience across all channels and all of Bed Bath & Beyond’s brand portfolio. By focusing on the customer first and creating an environment that stresses entrepreneurship, ownership and innovation, the team creates engaging experiences that build customer loyalty and drive revenue growth.
We are currently Sr. Solutions Architect within the Marketing Technology Team to drive business operations strategy, roadmap, and product launches. As a key contributor to the team, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Periodically evaluate architectural landscape for efficiencies and define current state, target state architecture and transition plans, road maps to achieve desired architectural state.
- Research industry trends and best practices and develop recommendations of technologies and methods to stakeholders at all levels.
- Remains current on emerging technologies and conducts independent research to support business needs and requirements.
- Conducts/leads proof of concepts to prove new technologies in support of architecture vision and guiding principles.
- Assist in the ideation and execution of architectural principles, guidelines and technology standards that can be leveraged across the team and organization.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure that the code delivered aligns to the agreed upon principles, design, etc., and satisfies the stated business need.
- Promotes consistency between all applications leveraging enterprise automation capabilities.
- Provide architectural consultation, support, mentoring, and guidance to project teams, solution architects and developers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or any related field from an accredited institution; Master’s degree in Information Technology /Computer Science is a plus.
- 7+ years of solutions architecture in large scale and dynamic enterprise environments.
- 5+ years of experience with Big data and customer data management solutions within Teradata, Netezza, Oracle Exa, Hadoop, other.
- Experience building and implementing high volume and high performance data platforms & applications
- Experience with marketing CRM and analytical solutions for targeting, segmenting and delivering customers relevant and personalize communications.
- Familiarity with industry software development methodologies, standards and architecture frameworks including approaches e.g. Iterative, Agile, Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavioral Driven Development (BDD), etc.
- Experience with general security technologies, processes, and concepts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to explain complex technical information to technical and non-technical contacts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively build relationships, promotes a collaborative and team environment, and influences others.
- Ability to lead, providing clear technical direction in the face of conflicting requirements and/or ambiguity.
- Broad understanding of retail systems a plus.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.