We'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Position provides purchasing, cost and inventory expertise to SCA centers / hospitals. Acts as a liaison between centers, suppliers, and the SmartSystem (Surgical Care Affiliate’s catalog and purchasing system) and will support Purchasing, Cost and Inventory Managers in implementing regional and local cost reduction opportunities. Position will provide exceptional support to facilities for all Supply Chain activities including, but not limited to, contract negotiation, benchmarking, standardization, market analysis, and industry best practices.
- Facilitate and drive cost reduction opportunities for SCA centers / hospitals by utilizing standardization, value analysis, utilization, and pricing cost reduction strategies
- Educate facilities on supply chain best practices, proprietary ordering system, fundamentals of the purchase to pay process, including accruals, in order to maximize opportunities and streamline operations.
- Deliver savings while maintaining and improving the quality of care provided to patients.
- Monitor and ensure facility performance meets expectations regarding key metrics; daily supply report, buy right percentage, cost per case and supplies as a percentage of net patient revenue
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with facility staff, including the medical team. Participate in Partnership meetings, Regional meetings, etc. to present opportunities, savings realized, and overall supply chain metrics
- Recommend solutions based upon data analysis to increase business efficiency and/or improve business processes
- Identify new opportunities, assist in negotiating and implementing local and regional purchasing agreements, (bids, requests for proposals, etc.); Validates savings opportunity to SCA facilities
- Participates in the selection, evaluation, monitoring, analysis and implementation of cost effective product, services and processes
- Possess knowledge of inventory processes; train and educate the best in class techniques regarding par levels, inventory forecasting, etc.
- Support implementation of national contracts and product conversions within SCA facilities.
- Maintain / update SmartSystem home page on a weekly basis. This will include adding new contract award bulletins / Tip of the Week, pharmacy updates and capital updates
- Help Desk
- Respond issues and improve operational performance
- Identify, analyze and resolve catalog, supply, and supplier performance problems with centers and escalate to appropriate management when required
- Develop supplier relations that enable assistance in problem resolution
- Perform other duties as assigned by members of management
- Bachelor’s Degree in purchasing, operations, business or equivalent experience
- Experience providing superior customer service support in a helpdesk environment
- Expert in purchasing, inventory and cost reduction systems and methods
- Expert in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Experience managing high volume transactions and multiple priorities
- 1+ years of purchasing, supplier management or contract management experience
- Extensive knowledge of creating and maintaining item master, catalog database and various analytic tools
- Experience identifying barriers, business trends and escalate to operations
- Experience in areas related to data warehousing, purchasing, contracts, accounting, budgeting, or healthcare
- Expert in Microsoft applications with working knowledge of industry standard contract management, materials management, and reporting software
- Must be willing to travel
- Experience in Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) or healthcare industry
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Sourcing and Procurement Analyst, Birmingham, AL, Alabama