Here, you'll help attract, lead, support and reward our most valuable asset: our high caliber people. Here, you're expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and to develop your skills. Be prepared to move quickly, to engage proactively, and to think strategically. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Sr. Sourcer position will be responsible for assisting in the sourcing of positions for ongoing professional and leadership candidate generation. The Sr. Sourcer will employ all best-in-class candidate generation techniques to include cold calling, data mining, internal database search and management, external job board search, association networking, direct mail, social networking, etc. The Sr. Sourcer will be responsible for coordinating the proactive talent pipelining and transactional deep dive sourcing efforts across multiple mediums as appropriate for platinum level positions. This position will partner with the functional recruitment teams to assess and provide consultation on the labor market and appropriate sourcing channels, as well as execute sourcing strategies in a cost effective and timely manner.
The Sr. Sourcer will utilize all tools, resources, and channels to identify qualified leadership contacts and leads. The leads and contacts will be tracked utilizing UHG’s contact management technology and employing CRM techniques for long-term keep warm strategies.
The Sr. Sourcer is accountable to assess overall contact/lead motivators and functional / position fit, as well as to articulate UnitedHealth Group, functional and job level EVP. The Sr. Sourcer will work closely with the functional Sourcing Manager in work assignments based on proactive leadership pipelining efforts or transactional needs following the gated sourcing process.Primary Responsibilities:
- As a functional expert, provide strategic input on the where and how to find functional talent (best sourcing channels and methods), including labor market consultation, competitive intelligence, and how to sell the UHG opportunity to passive leadership talent
- Accountable for the on-going cultivation and evaluation of new candidate sourcing channels and methods
- Employ candidate relationship management strategies using Salesforce. Ensure all leads and contacts are captured in the Salesforce
- Attend discovery sessions with recruiters and hiring managers as needed
- Conduct the sourcing of leadership candidates on a national or regional level by utilizing various methods to include: targeted name generation, networking internally and externally to the organization, mining databases and job boards, developing relationships with associations, social networking, etc.
- Lead sourcing strategy throughout the requisition life-cycle. Coordinate activities, time commitments / availability based on gated sourcing process and leadership input on prioritization of work. Drive effective partnerships with business leaders and recruiters. Escalate issues and process failures to functional leaders as appropriate
- Apply defined sourcing process (transactional or pipeline) to ensure most effective use of time and to drive results
- Evaluate the profiles of potential candidates by performing preliminary phone screen assessments. Evaluate ‘hot button’ motivators of passive and active candidates and influence candidate decision making by outlining UHG / position level value proposition
- Accountable to track sourcing activities and results in Salesforce. Responsible for monthly review of all performance metrics to include analysis of transactional and proactive pipelining efforts. Support the evaluation of source channel effectiveness in concert with the Sourcing Manager
- Attend and participate in 1:1, team and key Talent Acquisition meetings as outlined by Recruitment Services senior management team
- Project Participation: Actively participate in RS projects such as MBA recruitment at top schools; Large scale, cross functional RS projects; Social Media program; User councils (Taleo, Salesforce, Compliance); Diversity events; Strategic sourcing plan items (ie. Chat, VCF, blogs)
- Coaching / Mentoring / Consultation: As a Senior Sourcer consistently coach and mentor others in Diversity sourcing; Sourcing passive candidates; Executive search ; Labor market intelligence ; Executive facing communications; Large scale recruitment projects ; Provide consistent and effective consultation to all Hiring Managers and HCPs on recruitment sourcing process; EVPs; labor market etc.
- 5+ years of experience recruiting / sourcing in a corporate or search firm environment
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel and Word)
- Expert level experience with making cold calls, presenting the opportunity, and profiling the skill sets and motivations of prospective candidates
- Experience and understanding with executing a formal recruiting process, particularly use of recruitment and sourcing technologies
- Experience working with applicant tracking systems and contact management software
- Expertise in data mining and lead generation
- Experience with recruiting / sourcing and candidate development in a high-volume environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced sourcing training ie: sales training, AIRS certification, etc.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.Job Keywords: Sr. Sourcing Strategist, Optum, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Chicago, IL, Illinois, Hartford, CT, Connecticut