As a Strategic Healthcare Consultant you'll have the opportunity to work on and provide people, process and technology consulting advisory services to some of the leading health care organizations. Your work can result in stronger financial returns and a healthier health care system for both our clients and consumers.
You'll use your strong strategic and business acumen to work closely with clients to define, develop and document business solutions and ensure critical projects are well executed and delivered. This consulting career gives you the opportunity to work on a range of projects in multiple roles to continue building out your consulting skills toolbox. You'll see your ideas come to life. You won’t find more interesting challenges. And you won’t find smarter people working together to solve them. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Travel is required for this role. Not all projects require travel, however our consultants typically travel Monday through Thursday but could leave on Sunday and return on Friday, depending on client location and needs.
- Support the creation of sales pursuit materials and other business development activities (e.g. proposals and Statements of Work (SOWs))
- Maintain work papers, project deliverables and other artifacts that can be recreated and leveraged as intellectual capital
- Collaborate with business and technology teams to define deliverables and develop solutions that are reusable across the organization
- Work with clients to design and/or develop new product offerings
- Support client implementations of products and/or services
- Perform project management duties including the creation of status reports, work plans, project budgets, resource plans and presentations for client leadership
- Identify and document business process re-engineering opportunities including current and future state process flows
- Define, develop and document business requirements to ensure clients' needs are captured and delivered (e.g. use case-based Business Requirements Documents with evidence demonstrating competence writing unique, implementable, testable business requirements, ideally supporting multiple development lifecycles such as agile and waterfall.
- Create written and oral communication artifacts that effectively summarize findings, support fact based recommendations and provides appropriate detail to substantiate conclusions
- Develop financial models and tools, including cost-benefit analysis, resource utilization models and performance reports
- Conduct research studies that may include collecting, analyzing, trending and presenting data and recommendations to management
- Assist in and perform quality assurance and user acceptance testing by writing test scripts, executing test cases and documenting defects (e.g. test case development; active participation and oral communication through defect triaging, use of application lifecycle management tools through code promotion, such as Rally and ALM)
- Assess and recommend vendor products to client leadership
- Bachelor's Degree obtained from an accredited university
- 3+ years of working in a Management Consulting/Professional Consulting organization
- 5+ years of experience in any of the following areas: Business Analysis, Systems Analysis, Project Management, General Consulting and/or Business Process Improvement
- 5+ years of client-facing experience
- Ability to travel up to 80%
- Master's degree obtained
- Healthcare experience
- Eden Prairie MN, Basking Ridge NJ, Nashville TN or Washington DC based OR ability to relocate to one of these locations preferred. Other locations considered
- Experience building/creating project deliverables with the ability to manage 2+ complex work-streams
- Experience with software applications Systems Development Life-Cycle (SDLC), agile methodology, database management systems, and other business-related technologies
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.