BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
The Senior Talent Development Specialist designs, develops, delivers and program manages talent development solutions to build overall capability and to maintain a high-quality talent pool. Assists in driving improvement opportunities for key organizational initiatives.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Plays a key role in the design and development of leadership and talent development programs/solutions, linked to business needs and strategic priorities.
- Coordinates and facilitates in-person and blended learning sessions.
- Organizes and deploys sustainment efforts for all learning program participants.
- Supports the talent review, executive coaching & succession planning processes, including administration and facilitation of 360 assessments.
- Assists in measuring effectiveness and impact of talent development efforts. Collects and analyzes data to demonstrate continuous value.
- Extends the learning via collaboration with internal resources and partnering with external resources.
- Makes strategic recommendations around resources, assessments and vendors where appropriate.
- Assists with organizational assessments, initiatives and applicable planning processes.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- 5+ years experience in talent development related work
- Experienced facilitator across all levels of an organization
- Strong understanding of talent review and succession planning
- Proficient in competency based learning approach and adult learning theory
- Able to manage multiple priorities and projects from inception through evaluation with high levels of quality
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-through and problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels of an organization
- Agile with online learning and proficient accessing and navigating within an LMS
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and leverage change
- Proficient with MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- College degree required
Environmental Job Conditions
- Office based setting
- Ability to travel up to 20% within the BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc. footprint
- Experience in a retail setting a plus
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.