Troubleshoot and repair technology equipment. Test and repair IBM-PC compatibles CPU’s, keyboards, modems, monitors, printers, and print-sharing devices.
- Troubleshoot and repair electronic technology equipment to the board or component level, including final cleaning of components.
- Perform accurate record keeping and quality and measures for all repairs completed and repair parts used.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of current and upcoming test equipment and diagnostic software.
- Provide written and verbal communication to appropriate groups concerning equipment repairs.
- Document and maintain service notes on common failures and solutions in data base.
- Attend regular training sessions schedule by the Supervisor.
- Secure and maintain certifications as needed on all applicable equipment.
- Clean and address cosmetic issues on all equipment serviced by department as needed.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area throughout the shift.
- Two-year degree in electronics or a combination of education/experience or equivalent military training.
- Strong eye hand coordination and mechanical aptitude.
- Two years of component level and/ or board level troubleshooting and problem solving experience.
- Thorough understanding of test equipment and diagnostic software.
- Ability to solve complex hardware/software problems through analysis and troubleshooting.
- Ability to work with others in a group environment as part of a team or individually.
- Working knowledge of MS DOS and MS Windows environment.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to mentor and cross-train other technicians.