At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Job Description Information:
Brokerage Innovation & Strategy Shared Services Group is seeking a strong candidate to fulfill the Business Systems Consultant within the business unit. This role will partner with Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) and Enterprise Information Technology partners to support User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for key strategic initiatives across Wealth, Brokerage, and Institutional Retirement platforms. They will work as a test consultant providing guidance and consultation to business and technical teams. This individual will be part of a team responsible for coordinating the UAT activities required to meet quality standards for multi-channel applications. They must be a forward thinking, capable and committed testers with a proven ability to meet agreed deadlines, co-ordinate work and work to support testing methodologies within a structured environment. A qualified candidate must be able to focus on any task at hand, be able to come up with practical solutions and alternatives to testing processes. This role requires interpersonal, organizational and communication skills and should be capable of providing guidance and advice to both in house and third party partners.
Key abilities include working collaboratively to successfully deliver UA testing, in an environment with ambiguity. They will need to build relationships with all teams with which they are working.
This role is tasked with performing high quality business acceptance testing. The role involves quality, test advocacy, planning, execution and resolution of issues that impede the test effort.
- Develop test scripts based upon business requirements and processes, in line with defined workflows, acceptance criteria, and other documentation
- Attends and actively participates in story refinement/business requirements gathering sessions
- Reviews, Business Requirements, Functional Specifications, and Test Cases to understand the functional and technical requirements in order to test the application and verify requirements are successfully met
- Create/update Acceptance Criteria as needed
- Participate in User Story sizing and test effort estimation
- Prepare and execute test scripts. Document bugs for test scripts where the actual results do not successfully meet expected results
- Facilitate resolution and communication of cross-application/organization issues and decisions
- Assist Application Developers and Technical Support staff in identifying and resolving problems
- Work independently on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Make recommendations to the Business Acceptance Test Lead on the improvement of Business Acceptance and Testing processes and practices and where appropriate help to establish these and implement where agreed
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with business and IT services, solution functions and partners to accelerate delivery of products to market
- Work as a bridge between business, technology and strategy to facilitate user application testing
- Ensure content and structure of all testing documents / artifacts are documented and maintained
- Document, implement, monitor, and enforce all processes for testing as per organization and UA Test Management Office standards
- After submitting your application, please monitor your e-mail for future communications
- Once your application is received, Wells Fargo will make initial contact with you via e-mail
- Please ensure your contact information (e-mail address and phone number) is current in your Wells Fargo Jobs Profile
- If your contact information has changed, please update prior to applying to this position
- Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo
- Due to a high volume of inquiries, please do not contact the hiring manager listed. Any inquiries sent to the hiring manager listed will not receive a response
- Wells Fargo will not sponsor visas for these positions and will not hire individuals whose work eligibility is based on their F-1 or other student visa status such as Optional Practical Training (OPT). Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis.
- 5+ years of testing or quality assurance experience
- 3+ years of experience testing end user applications and technology products
- 5+ years of business systems analysis experience, business systems design experience, or a combination of both
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
- 5+ years of HP ALM experience
- Ability to manage process improvement initiatives to optimize operational effectiveness and efficiencies
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Knowledge and understanding of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle)
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Experience with one or more Agile tools used for tracking user stories or backlogs, such as VersionOne and Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Experience leading multiple projects
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of business processes to enable client productivity, efficiency and technology cost reduction
- System Analyst or Development experience is a plus (VB/VBA/VBScript)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Familiar with Application Life Management (ALM)
- Ability to build good relationships both within the Business, Development, Infrastructure and QA teams
- 5+ years on working in/with financial services clients on product strategy / product development; includes industry experience and a demonstrated ability to bridge communication gaps between technical, product, and business partners.
- Experience with automation or regression testing
- Experience with batch testing
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.