BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
SR TRAINING CONTENT SPECIALIST
The Sr Training Content Specialist is responsible for developing job skills training programs and certification processes for field Management and non-exempt Team Members. This person recommends training delivery methods, strategies and evaluating program effectiveness. They will lead efforts to improve delivery and learning options for clubs and logistics improving compliance and execution. They will participate in building learning series that improves comprehension and provides reinforcement tools for club and logistics leadership. They will work closely with subject matter experts (SMEs) when building content.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Partner with Club and Logistics Leadership to set training priorities
- Create and maintain course content, manuals, and other materials
- Develop subject matter expert trainers through Train-the-Trainer programs
- Design/prepare/procure Job Aids
- Ensure SOP and other training materials are appropriately incorporated
- Maintain documentation available online for club and distribution centers
- Work with Human Resources to monitor and deliver content
- BA/BS in training, education, English or Human Resources preferred
- Understands Club/Retail Operations, merchandising, and retail culture, program development for all skill levels
- Training program design experience and development of training strategies
- 2+ years writing and designing training programs from various mediums.
- Experience conducting instructor-led training and train-the-trainer sessions
- Word, Excel, and PowerPoint proficiency
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.