For those who believe in the power of data to help write the next chapter in the history of health care, here's your opportunity. Advancement, an elite group of peers, variety of product lines, and rewards for delivering on our mission ensures you will always be challenged at UnitedHealth Group to do your life's best work.(sm)
As a Senior Underwriting Consultant for Key Accounts you will analyze health benefit plan characteristics and assess risks as to frequency and potential severity of losses of clients. You will use established underwriting criteria and policies to provide proper rating methodologies, and will build and maintain models to assist in the economic analysis of market alternatives. You will price new business and validate renewals using utilization and experience reporting. You will evaluate and recommend alternative pricing options and plan design changes based on economic analysis and trends. Also, you will prepare financial modeling for reserve calculation, budget calculation, and other ongoing reviews that directly align with client strategies.
The individual in this role needs to have solid problem solving skills and be comfortable with frequent change. This role is office based in Hartford, CT.
Primary Responsibilities: Prepare financial modeling for reserve calculation, budget calculation, and other ongoing reviews that directly aligns with client strategies
- Validate renewals and request for proposals for accuracy including utilization and experience reporting
- Conduct competitive analysis of all coverage lines and present financial and contractual findings
- 5+ years experience in healthcare underwriting for any variety of products: PPO, HMO, self-funded, ASO/fully-insured, group or individual
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Office Excel
- Previous experience with large public sector accounts
- Experience working with internal and external customers
- Experience with Risk Management
- Must be self starter, analytical and exercise sound judgment
- Must be flexible and able to thrive in an environment of rapid change
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Bachelors Degree in Math, Finance, Business or related degree
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords Sr. Underwriting Consultant, Sr Underwriting Consultant, Fully Insured, Sr. Underwriting Consultant, Sr Underwriting Consultant, Fully Insured, Key Accounts Underwriting Consultant, Hartford, CT, Connecticut