At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Wells Fargo is searching for a Unified Communications Engineer to join the Enterprise Messaging Engineering team. The ideal candidate will have expert-level knowledge of the Skype for Business application. This will also include but not be limited to above average knowledge of F5, Windows Server, Firewall, Certificates, and Enterprise Voice/Conferencing.
The individual should be able to design, architect, deploy, administer, monitor and troubleshoot complex Skype for Business Environments in accordance with industry accepted best practices.
Candidates should have experience working in a large corporate environment with greater than 50,000 users, where the team must administer systems to known corporate policies regarding security, audit, and change control processes.
The candidate must have the ability to create engineering documentation to be used by the operations counterparts and create high-quality artifacts required by change control processes, security and the project team.
Candidates must be able to perform research, evaluation on adopted or proposed technologies and present ideas in a clear and concise manner. This individual will also serve as an escalation point for the operations team and respond to support questions from less experienced staff.Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- F5 ASM experience
- F5 LTM experience
- Firewall experience
- MS Active Directory experience
- SAN (Storage Area Network) experience
- SQL experience
- Telephony experience
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to initiate action, make difficult decisions, and generate creative solutions
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Knowledge and understanding of firewall and networking
- Knowledge and understanding of leveraging and administering digital certificates, and keys for authentication and encryption
- Knowledge and understanding of technical documentation: for technical design documentation used by engineering teams
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Session Border Controllers (SBCs)
- Advanced problem solving and technical troubleshooting capabilities
- Experience with Microsoft Lync, Skype for Business or Cisco collaboration technologies
- Experience utilizing PowerShell, Bash, Perl, or Python to automate complex manual tasks
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 3+ years of experience in supporting/engineering a scalable, mission critical enterprise-level Lync/Skype for Business Environment (>50,000 users)
- Experience with other IM/conferencing environments considered (Jabber, Sametime, Skype Broadcast, etc.)
- Experience deploying and administering the Vantage Compliance system.
- Knowledge of voice/video protocols such as SIP, G711, G.729, Silk, RT-Audio/RT-Video.
- Working Knowledge of Virtual Servers (Vmware, etc)
- Working Experience with O365 or cloud interop
- Basic Networking (IP, DNS, Routing, Switching)
- Experience in project estimation
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications with ability to communicate strategic business value to business and technology partners
- Ability to deliver technical solutions on time, on budget, and with high quality
- Ability to work in a highly complex organization
- Ability to read and develop technical design documentation
- Ability to meet corporate audit and security standards
- Ability to work with globally distributed Team Members
- Excellent team and vendor relationship skills
- Excellent skills as a team player and ability to achieve success through others
- Must holds themselves to the highest standard of integrity and personal behavior
- Wells Fargo engineering experience.
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.