At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
To meet the growing demand of our internal customers, the Wells Fargo Home Lending Servicing Semantic Data Mart (SSDM) team is expanding with the addition of an Applications System Engineer 5 (ASE5) position. Our team provides solutions to our business partners as well as our long term road map for data sourcing and integration of our data sources for enhanced Business Intelligence (BI) capabilities.
This position is part of a dynamic and fun team of systems engineers and business systems consultants and will have primary responsibility as a Teradata semantic data warehouse developer. There is significant opportunity to interact with operational and technical groups and to advance your business analysis/technical skills. This role will allow you to learn and grow on our Teradata platform as well as MS SQL BI Stack, SASGRID technologies working closely with our enterprise partners.Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5+ years of Teradata experience
- 5 + years of technology release or implementation experience
- 3+ years of data modeling experience
- 5+ years of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Programming experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 5+ years of experience conducting project meetings, presentations and status reporting
- 5+ years of experience with data analysis and documentation
- 4+ years of SQL experience
- 2+ years of experience leading multiple implementations
- Act as a lead in providing direction and guidance to less experienced staff around application design, consultation, coding, escalated issues and/or complex problems.
- Development project work including 30 day sprints and small assignments within the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to support business and smaller units of work outside larger sprint deployments.
- Maintenance work efforts and problem ticket resolution.
- Heavy Teradata Semantic Development and Tuning interacting with DBA and end users.
- Implementation efforts/reporting and deployments.
- Analyzes highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications.
- Provides technical consultation and support in the development of computer applications and programs.
- Develops original and/or complex code or provides coding guidance to less experienced staff.
- Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs.
- Participates in overall systems testing.
- Leads the migration of structures to production.
- Develops new documentation and participates in the design and development of department technical procedures and user guides.
- Completes projects, including assignment of tasks for development, maintenance and support activities to maintain the platform.
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met and oversees updating and testing of the business continuation plan (BCP).
- Participating in development team meetings.
- Participating in project team meetings.
- Provide feedback on estimates for development efforts in whole and remaining efforts to achieve project success.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.