Primary Location: MA-MABoston-313 Congress St
The MENTOR Network
We are currently seeking a driven Staff Accountant for our office in our Boston office (Seaport District, South Boston). This is a great opportunity for a driven accounting professional that is looking for a positive work environment and a team of great coworkers.
The MENTOR Network is the leading national provider of home-based health and human services for individuals with intellectual, developmental, physical or behavioral disabilities, Acquired Brain Injuries and other special needs. Our mission is to offer adults, children, seniors, and their families innovative, quality services and supports which lead to growth and independence, regardless of the challenges they face. Our philosophy emphasizes partnerships – with those we serve, their families, employees, Mentors, payors, and the communities in which we work – in an effort to help individuals shape the direction of their own lives in community-based settings.
If you are detail-oriented, have strong customer service skills, enthusiastic and driven, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Staff Accountant you will be responsible for maintaining accounts and ledgers and providing general accounting support. Prepare journal entries and conducts proper research to ensure balance sheet reconciliations are properly reconciled. Provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis and works on special projects as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts and documentation of business transactions. Prepare month-end general ledger journal entries and perform reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Perform analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts to aid in the review of accounting activity for the period.
- Prepare and review financial statements for accuracy, consistency, and completeness of all relevant information.
- Communication with business owners to ensure appropriate information is getting recorded and issues are resolved
- Calculation of accounts receivable reserves based on current reports and feedback from business owners to determine appropriate recording
- Ability to take initiative in making sure work is completed on time and issues are resolved timely
- Assist with establishing, modifying, documenting, and coordinating implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Provide general accounting support to business organizations. Prepare selected work papers for various audits, including Internal, External and State specific audits.
- Ensure Sarbanes Oxley compliance with all assigned areas and other audit requirements.
- Perform other related duties, activities, projects as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in accounting or related field
- One to two years experience in accounting or related field (two to three years preferred).
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of general accounting
- Experience with Oracle or other G/L accounting software preferred
- Intermediate to Advanced experience with Excel and Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to effectively and efficiently compile, organize and analyze extensive data
- Effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the organization
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team environment
- Ability to work quickly, logically and accurately
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and consistent follow-through
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k), PTO and Holiday Pay
- Annual performance-based bonus plan
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- Advancement opportunities within our nation-wide Network (this role is vacant due to an internal promotion)
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded with a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!
AMERICAN WITH DISABILITY STATEMENT
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodations to be determined on a case by case basis.