The Staff Accountant prepares basic financial reports under general supervision. He or She will perform moderately complex activities related to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger.
Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
- Prepares income and balance sheet statements, consolidated statements, and various other accounting statements and reports.
- Analyzes financial reports and records, making recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
- Analyzes trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
- Reports the company’s finances to management, offering suggestions about resource utilization, tax strategies, and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Prepares journal entries as needed.
- Conducts special studies and develops or recommends accounting methods and procedures.
- Coordinates accounting matters with other departments, locations, and divisions.
- Oversees all billing, payroll, and cash handling processes including supervisor of clerical staff.
- Reconciles assigned accounts and calculates depreciation/amortization expenses.
- Prepares and distributes monthly Financial Books.
- May assist with training and mentoring Accountants
Staff Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- 3-5 years of related experience.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting practices and procedures.
- Experience with MS Office products and accounting software preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.