Job ID 41171
Position Location US-GA-Atlanta
Alternate Position Location Atlanta/GA
Facility Name Consulate Health Care - Atlanta
Job Category Finance - Accounting
Position Status FT (Full Time)
Purpose of Your Job Position
As a Consulate Management Company Staff Accountant, you are entrusted with the responsibility of carrying out your daily tasks and assigned duties while demonstrating Consulate’s Core Values of
Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion. You are expected to provide innovative, responsible results with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results. The primary purpose of your job position is to maintain & manage the general ledger and resulting financial statements for an assigned group of nursing home facilities in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
AsStaff Accountant,you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. This position is responsible for the maintenance and analysis of general ledger/financial statements for an assigned group of nursing home facilities, including the monthly preparation of journal entries to properly state the financial results in accordance with GAAP. This position is a non-supervisory function. Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes the monthly general ledger activity for an assigned group of nursing home facilities to determine which journal entries are necessary to properly state the financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Recommends, prepares and inputs journal entries into the general ledger system based on determinations made from analysis of the general ledger activity.
- Works closely with facility management to complete the above general ledger analysis/processes on a monthly basis in accordance with the monthly closing schedule.
- Participates on monthly financial statement review calls with facility management and provides input/explanations regarding the activity in the general ledger.
- Maintains the fixed asset system and reviews capital expenditures to determine the estimated useful life for depreciation purposes.
- Reconciles assigned balance sheet general ledger accounts and researches/resolves reconciling items in a timely manner.
- Assists with various audits, including the annual financial audit and various government audits.
- Embraces CMC’s five core values of compassion, honesty, integrity, respect and passion, and incorporate them into one’s daily job function.
- Demonstrate respect and compassion in every interaction.
- Conduct oneself with the highest degree of honesty and integrity in every interaction.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
- Works in office area(s).
- Moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Participate in audits with staff, auditors, and government agencies.
- Works beyond normal working hours as needed.
- Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., throughout the workday, as well as reactions from dust, disinfectants, tobacco smoke, and other air contaminants.
- BS/BA in Accounting or a business degree with a major in Accounting preferred
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs.
Two (2) years of Professional Accounting experience preferably in a health care environment.
- Working Knowledge of automated general ledger systems, preferably Lawson – GL.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and Microsoft Outlook preferred.
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients